Batgirl: Break the code (part sixty)

Part sixty: Rescue Mission

Slaughter Castle, Secret Attic

|I seriously need to learn when to shut my sarcastic mouth at times like these.|

Kara sat on the same chair, eyes watering as Talia's figure loomed over her. She cracked the whip on her hands, a small smirk playing on her lips as she do so.

With one swift move, another cut decorated Kara's skin. Her bloody shirt crippled and tattered, hair sticking on to her cheeks.

"Give me Damian, and I will deliver you to the grand master without any more cuts." She said.

"Yeah, like that would happen." Kara rolled her eyes.

Talia scowled, hitting her with the whip once more.

|See what I mean?|

"One day, you will regret living in the first place." Talia said.

"I never wanted this life, Al Ghul. And I regretted living since I was born, so you just said non-sense." Kara scoffed.

"I've had enough of this." Talia sighed.

She headed towards the metal door, Kara's eyes watching her every move. As Talia slam the door close, Kara's shoulders relaxed. Tears threatened to fall, but she didn't let them do so.

Her eyes went down to the floor, a glint of hope sparking in her when she saw a bobby pin.

|Nice going, Talia Al Ghul.|

Kars hopped the chair near it until her foot can reach the pin. Successfully taking it, she picked the lock on her ankles with her foot and freed her aching feet. She then used her right foot to reach back to the lock on her wrists and picked it.

|It's a good thing that I'm flexible.|

"Ouch," she winced.

The chains loosener around her wrists, and soon enough, she was able to stand with one limp leg. She limped towards the metal door, holding her left elbow for support.

|Damian will surely kill me this time.|

She picked the lock with the bobby pin and managed to make her way out of the torture room. Looking at both sides, she limped to the left and camouflaged herself in the shadows. And with luck, an assassin just happen to be walking by. Kara quickly grabbed his collar and squeezed between his eyes to knock him out. She took the assassin clothes off and put it on herself, making sure that she's unnoticed.

|This brings back memories.|

She did her best to walk normally and succeeded. As she turn left, she noticed assassins heading down the stairs. Someone tapped her shoulder, and she quickly turned around with a ready fist.

"Let's get going." The assassin said.

Kara lowered her fist, nodding a bit. They walked down the stairs together, Kara's hand resting on the katana's hilt.

They stopped in the throne room. Every assassin was inside with Talia and Heretic standing on the platform where the thrones were placed. Heretic stood behind the throne where Talia sat, a prideful look on her face.

|Nice, I can get information easily. I hope.|

Soon enough, Talia stood up from the throne and rested her hands on her hips, her eyes scanning the whole room to see the eyes of her assassins. Only Kara's hair and eyes can be seen out of the uniform, and she was glad that she was not the only female assassin in the room.

"As you may all know, Kara Gordon is back on our hands. The grand master will spare your lives and mine. But before we congratulate ourselves, I want to say something." Talia started.

|Again with the formalities. Classic Talia.|

"The grand master finalized things and said that once he gets his hands on Kara Gordon, Gotham shall fall. Metropolis, New York, El Paso, the Pacific Ocean, Starling City, Central City, and more places will follow. Now that our forces are placed on their respective places, we will attack all at once. The attack was supposed to be launched in three months time, but Kara is now in our hands." She said.

|Oh, crap.|

The assassins were silent, waiting for Talia to give them the cue to celebrate. Kara's eyes darted around, looking for any doors or windows that could help her make a quick escape. But someone intervened.

Rubber bullets and batarangs flew around the room, cords wrapping around some assassins' feet. Kara managed to avoid the cords and looked up at the candelabra.

|Wayne,|