Batgirl: Break the code (part seventeen)

Part seventeen: Relationships

Tadashi Hotel

Barbara typed on her laptop, hacking into the city's surveillance system. Kara and Stephanie sat by one of the beds, talking about the recent attack at Tokyo City.

"The goons possibly followed us here," Stephanie said. "I think they know about our plans."

"No," Kara said. "They didn't follow us. They probably don't know about us being there either. I think they've been attacking Tokyo even before we got here."

"But, how?" Stephanie asked.

"Well, they have their underground headquarters here in Tokyo. They have goons down there, too. Obviously, to protect the HQ from threats." She explained. She folded her arms over her chest, looking down at her crossed legs.

"That must mean that they're close to Tokyo." Stephanie said.

"They're under Tokyo," Barbara said, turning her laptop to let them see the footage of the goons crawling out of a manhole. Kara stood up.

"I'll go tell Bruce." She said, walking towards the door. Twisting it open, she walked out of the room and went to the room next to theirs.

"That was easy," Stephanie muttered, staring at the door where Kara just exited.

"Yeah," Barbara agreed.

Kara knocked on the door, waiting for Bruce or Dick or Luke to answer. She fiddled with the hem of her shirt, her hands getting fidgety. The door slowly opened, revealing Dick on simple shorts and a shirt.

"Kara? What's wrong?" He asked, leaning his head against the door.

"We found out about the goons," she started. "I need to talk to Bruce."

"Sure, come on in." Dick said, stepping aside and opening the door wider. Kara smiled in gratitude and walked inside their room. The smell of aftershave filled her nose.

"Where are they?" She asked when she didn't see Bruce or Luke.

"Bruce is in the bathroom. He'll be out in a minute. As for Luke, he went to the dining area to get some drinks." Dick replied, sitting down on his bed.

|Dick and Barbara's relationship was strong. And I have a feeling that Barbara's not telling me everything about them. To test a theory, I interoggated the last Grayson.|

"So," Kara started, pulling out a chair nearby. She set it facing Dick and sat down. "Barbara told me you and her were best friends back at high school."

"Well, we still are." Dick shrugged, looking at the young Gordon suspiciously. She smirked, folding her arms ovef her chest.

"She also told me that you two had....mutual feelings for each other."

"Uh-huh..?"

"Are you two dating?"

Dick's eyes widened in shock. His cheeks went red, his eyes prying off of Kara's face.

"W-well," he stuttered. "I....uh........I....."

"I knew it!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. She had a victorious smirk plastered on her face, her eyes twinkling.

"W-what? I didn't even tell you anything!" Dick argued.

"Your facial expression and stutters said it all, Dick Grayson." She said with a grin. Dick rolled his eyes and crossed his legs.

"Ok, fine. We are dating, for two years now." He mumbled the last part, but Kara still heard him. She laughed, not able to contain her excitement.

"This is so awesome!" She exclaimed.

"You're not mad?" Dick asked her, one eyebrow lifted.

"Why would I be? I mean, sure you kept it, but I always had the feeling. And besides, I can blackmail Barbara now." She said with a cheeky grin.

"Pssh, whatever," Dick rolled his eyes. A smirk suddenly formed on his lips as he looked back at the black-haired girl. "How about you and Damian?"

|Me and who!? This guy is insane! Totally insane!|

"What?" She asked, her smile dropping. Dick laughed and rest his chin on his palm.

"You and Damian seem to be rather close since you two patrolled back at Gotham, alone." He said. Kara's eyes widened, staring at Dick like he's a mad man.

"What do you mean? We're not anything." She said.

"Not even friends?" Dick asked with a smirk. "Or maybe, your boyfriend?"

"No!" She almost screamed, jumping out of the chair. Dick laughed, clutching his stomach.

"Oh my gosh! I have to tell Bruce!" He laughed, wiping tears in his eyes. Kara glared at him, pulling out a dagger from her waistband. Dick stopped laughing, staring at the blade in horror.

"First of all, I do not like Damian Wayne. Second, if you try to tease me, I'll rip your head off and feed it to the souls. Third, if you ever say anything to Bruce or Damian or anyone in the hero business, I will tell everyone that you're dating my sister and kill you." She threatened, twirling the blade expertly. Dick gulped, lifting his hands up in surrender. He slowly nodded, his eyes staring at the sharp blade.

"Do you carry a knife everywhere you go?" He asked when Kara hid her knife again. She nodded, putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes, I do." She said rather bluntly.

"Just like Damian," Dick muttered under his breath. Kara sat back down on her chair, hearing the door creak open. Bruce walked out wearing sweatpants and a tank top.

"Kara? What are you doing here?" He asked, deying his hair with a white towel. Kara smiled kindly and sent a glare at Dick.

"I have to talk to you about the goons."