Batgirl: Break the code (part forty-four)

Part forty-four: Women's Intuition

Gotham City Mall

Barbara paid for her clothes, grabbing the shopping bag handed to her by the cashier. She turned to Kara who was staring at the ice cream parlor and grabbed her hand.

"You need to have a disguise." She said.

Barbara dragged her to a different shop and bought a red wig for her, similar to her own hair. Kara tied her hair in a bun and wore the wig, fixing it.

"You always looked good in red hair," Barbara sighed.

|Yeah, I once had red hair. But everyone gets into an accident, right?|

"Hey, it's fine," Kara said. "It wasn't your fault, Babs. It's mine."

"Yeah, but--"

"Come on, I need some Mars and I have a bunch back home."

Kara wore her shades and dragged Barbara out of the store. She fixed her black leather jacket and bit her lip.

"Okay, operation: don't get caught while sneaking out of the mall is now on progress." She muttered.

Barbara rolled her eyes at her sister. They walked past many people, Kara easily blending in. Just when they were about to exit the mall, Dick called Barbara.

|Oh great, nice going, Grayson. I really hate him sometimes. Okay, not just sometimes, but whatever.|

"Hey, Babs!" He called out.

Both Kara and Barbara froze when they heard Richard Grayson's voice. Kara bit her lip, looking at her sister through her glasses. She motioned for her to calm down and turned to face her secret boyfriend.

"Hey, Dick! What brings you guys here?" Barbara greeted. Kara turned around, acting as if she doesn't know the boys. She eyed Damian who had his hands tucked in his hoodie pockets. Jason noticed and smirked a bit.

"So, Barbara. Who's you friend?" He asked.

|Oh, how I want to put a bullet through Jason Todd's head.|

"Hi! My name's.....Caroline. I'm Barbara's old friend from college." She said.

|Thank goodness, I'm just as tall as my sister or else my act will backfire.|

"Uhh, yeah! You remember about that girl I talked about, right, Dick? We bumped into each other and got into a little shopping spree!" Barbara exclaimed.

Kara faked a grin, lifting the bags up the same time as Barbara did. Tim, Dick, and Jason were convinced, but not Damian. He knew her better than his brothers.

"It's been a while since we last saw each other." She said.

"Isn't that great?" Damian said sarcastically. The two eyed him suspiciously and shrugged.

"Anyway, we should go," Barbara said. "Kara's home alone and I don't trust her with all those sweets around her."

She gave Damian a look and turned to her sister. The three boys nodded, umderstanding what Barbara meant about the sweets. Kara gets hyper when she gets her hands on any type of candy.

"Alright, it's nice meeting you guys." She said.

They both walked out of the mall as normal as they could and sighed in relief.

"You think we fooled them?" Kara asked.

"Well, the three can be easily convinced. I don't think Damian's easily fooled, though." Barbara replied.

"No, he's not easily fooled."

|I just hope that it was enough to fool him or else. There would be so much yelling.|

Kara and Barbara walked inside their house, dropping the shopping bags on the floor. Kara kicked the door closed and fell face first on the couch.

"Finally," she yawned. "Some decent sleep."

"If you just told me that you haven't gotten sleep, we wouldn't have gone to the mall in the first place." Barbara sighed.

She turned to look at her sister, but when she turned around, she found her sleeping soundly on the couch. She grabbed a blanket from her room and spread it around Kara's body.

"She's too reckless for her own good." Damian said.

Barbara turned around and saw him getting in using the window. He hopped off and dusted his jeans, tucking his hands in his pockets.

"How did--"

"I know Kara, older Gordon. She's good at acting, but she forgot about the necklace I gave her and she was still wearing it. My brothers didn't notice, but I did." He replied.

He walked towards Kara and crouched down to look at her peaceful face.

"She's been at the cave for almost twelve hours, older Gordon. All she ate was Mars." He said.

"Figured," Barbara said. "You like her, don't you, Damian?"

"What are you talking about?"

"That's good acting, Damian. Just admit it already."

Damian stayed silent, looking away from both Barbara and Kara.

"I knew it," Barbara smirked. "Alright, you have my permission. But, break her heart, I break your bones."

"How can you be so sure that she'll yes if I ask her out?"

"Women's intuition,"