Batgirl: Break the code (part twenty-eight)

Party twenty-eight: Bad Mornings

Gotham Academy

Kara was just about to enter Gotham Academy when a car honked behind her. She sighed, not wanting to have such a bad morning. She turned around with her eyes closed and her hand on her hips.

"Can you keep it down there!? Someone here is trying to not have a migraine for the stressful flight she just had!" She yelled, looking at the car. When she looked at the car window, she saw Jason and Dick at the front with smirks on their faces.

"If you just did as Damian told you and got some rest, you wouldn't have a migraine." Dick snickered.

"Bad morning, Mel?" Jason smirked.

|Yeah, ever since they found out about my second name, they kept on thinking for new nicknames. Some of them included Mel, Lani, Lala, whatever. It was stupid, but who am I to ruin it for them?|

"Super," she groaned, rubbing her temples. "Where's Wayne?"

She walked towards them, holding the straps of her backpack. The Red Hood and Nightwing smiled at her, looking at the back of the limo. Just when she was about to ask about it, the car door opened and Damian Wayne stepped out of the expensive vehicle on his uniform.

"Bad morning, Gordon." He greeted, walking towards her. Kara laughed at his greeting and nodded back at him.

"Bad morning to you, too, Wayne." She greeted back before looking back at Dick and Jason. They both smirked at her and winked.

"Did you practice that? You two winked at the exact same time." She grinned.

The two boys looked at each other before nodding with big grins. They innocently smirked at Damian and looked back at the young Gordon.

"Hope your afternoon will be better, Lani." Dick said.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want my gun partner to go training later with a scowl the same as Damian's." Jason said.

Damian rolled his eyes, grabbing Kara's hand to avert her attention to him.

"Let's get going, Kara." He said, dragging her in the school.

"Did he just call her by her first name!?"

"He's so jealous!"

Kara laughed at her brothers comments and looked back at Damian, not minding their hands. She lifted an eyebrow at him.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"What?"

"You literally dragged me."

"Sorry,"

"You don't have to say sorry," she giggled, letting go of his hand before anyone sees. "Now, let's start our "Ignore each other for the rest of the school day" game."

Damian was about to protest, but Kara ran off to her group of friends. Just before they went to Japan, a bunch of students became her friends and band mates.

"Kara!" A blonde-haired girl exclaimed.

She ran towards the black-haired girl and gave her a tight hug.

"Where were you!? You've been gone for at least two weeks!" She exclaimed.

Kara chuckled, slowly pulling away from her embrace. They walked towards the others and all of them took their time looking at her.

"I went to Japan, Riley. My.....aunt just died." She lied, looking away from them. The girl with curly black hair frowned and hugged her gently.

"I'm so sorry, Kara." She whispered.

"We all are." The girl with brown hair said.

"It's okay, Louise, Christine. At least she's somewhere better now." Kara said.

|Ugh, I hate it when I lie to them. It feels like I'm hiding Twix from my sister and may I tell you, it's bad.|

"Come on," Louise said, twirling her curly hair with her finger. "Let's get going before class starts."

"Oh, by the way," Christine said. "We have band practice later after school."

|My first period went much better than before. And now that it's fourth period, I'm so excited. It's time for gym class!|

"Took you long enough." Damian sighed, waiting outside the girls changing room for Kara. She lifted an eyebrow at him, wondering why he was waiting for her.

"And why would you wait for me?" She asked, folding her arms over her chest.

She continued walking and Damian kept up with her pace. He intertwined his fingers on the back of his head and used it as support.

"I don't know, maybe because you're my best friend?" He shrugged.

Kara chuckled, dropping her hands to her sides. She looked at Damian with a kind smile and shook her head.

"You don't have to do that just because I'm your best friend, Wayne." She said.

"Hey, give me a break," he said. "This is our only class together."

"Dude, we have every class together." She snickered.

|I love it when Damian makes an excuse and it backfires. His face was priceless!|

"Whatever," he scoffed.

Kara laughed at him and poked his bicep to tease the young Wayne.

"Alright, fine," she said. "You can walk me to my classes since you're in them, too. But not lunch."

"Fine by me."