Batgirl: Break the code (part thirty-six)

Part thirty-six: Guitar Lessons

Gotham Academy

The day was kind of good. By lunch, Kara was already carrying three baskets full of flowers and chocolates.

"I look like a flower girl." She muttered.

Louise and the others laughed at her comment, patting her back in mock sympathy. She sighed, sitting down on their table. Riley gladly carried her lunch tray since she was carrying so much bouquets and chocolates.

"I did nothing wrong," she whined. "Why did I get punished?"

She set her stuff down and thanked Riley for carrying her lunch tray. As soon as Riley gave it to her, she munched down every single bit of her food.

|I know Riley is a good girl. I just know it. It's like I'm having this feeling when you predict something. Slade Wilson, I will hunt you down.|

"So, Jacob asked me to the dance!" Louise exclaimed, looking at the basketball team's table. She saw the black-haired boy she was referring to and her eyes melted.

"So hot," she whispered.

Kara rolled her eyes and ate a her favorite dish; lasagña. She quietly ate her food as her friends talk about the guys they like and how those guys asked them. She didn't notice Damian staring at her, slowly eating his food.

"Hey, man. Who you lookin' at?" His friend, Eric asked.

Damian snapped out of his daze, shaking his head. He turned his head to look at the blonde and shrugged.

"No one," he said.

"You like Kara, don't you?" Eric smirked.

Damian's eyes widened, not knowing how he found out so easily. He was Damian Wayne! The Robin! How can his normal friend know?

"H-how?"

"Dude, you literally walk her in every class. You carry her guitar, you even go home together. Are you two dating?" Eric wiggled his eyebrows. Damian sighed, wishing that what his friend said was true.

"No," he said. "But, I'm gonna ask her to homecoming."

Eric broke into a smirk, patting Damian's back. He turned to the others and told them about Damian liking the young Gordon. He wanted to strangle him for telling them, but that's what friends are for.

"Yo, Damian. You so gotta asked her out!" Jacob nudged his shoulder.

"Not yet," he said. "She said something about wanting to get to know the guy first and see if he's her type."

"But, dude! No one can resist you! I mean, look at the cheerleaders! They practically drool over you." Chris said.

"But Kara's not like them." Damian replied.

"Well, Kara is hard to get." Jacob sighed. "How about I ask Louise? She is pretty close to her."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Damian said.

"Bu--"

"No."

"Come on!"

"No."

"Damian!"

"No."

"Please?"

"No.

"Scout's honor?"

"No."

"Let's just ask her personally, then." Jacob said.

He stood up from his seat and walked over to Kara and her friends. Damian facepalmed, not wanting to believe what his friend just did.

Jacob smiled at the girls, wanting to have a good impression from Louise's friends.

"Oh, Jacob, hi." She greeted with a shy smile. Jacob smiled back at her and faced the other girls.

"Hi, girls. So, I gotta ask. I'm doing a favor for one of my friends. He would like to know what interests you when it comes to a guy?" He said, looking at Kara. She looked up from her food when silence took over and noticed his eyes on her.

"Depends, who is it?" She asked back.

"That's a secret you have to find out for yourself."

"Psh, whatever," she rolled her eyes. "But to answer your question, it attracts me when a guy knows about basketball and knows how to play a guitar. And of course, he had to be smart and somehow good-looking. Taller than me, sweet but not too much. Oh, and someone who can actually get along with me and understands me."

"Got it," Jacob smiled.

"Who is it, anyways?" Riley asked.

Kara nodded her head, eager to know who the guy is. All of the guys in the basketball team are good-looking, but there's one that caught her eye. The team captain, perhaps.

"Still a secret," Jacob said. "Anyway, thanks a lot!"

He walked back to his table with a proud smirk on his face and sat back down on his recent spot. He turned to Damian who was effortlessly poking at his food.

"You're her type." He simply said.

The basketball team cheered. Damian's eyes widened. He dropped his fork and turned to look at Jacob.

"That can't be right." He said.

"Well, she said you have to know how to play basketball and guitar. Then, you have to be smart, then good-looking, then you actually get along with her, and you understand her. Perfect guy who fits the description!" Jacob grinned.

"I don't know how to play a guitar, thank you very much." Damian scoffed.

"Aww, don't worry about that! I can teach you." Jacob offered. Damian stared at him weirdly, wondering if he actually knows how to play the instrument.

"Do you really?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"What if--"

"No."

"Fine,"

"YES!"