Batgirl: Break the code (part forty-six)

Part forty-six: Tell Me All Your Secrets and Lies

Gotham Library

|Ever since Damian and I became best friends, the library became some kind of hang out for us. It was nice because we can talk there without anyone disturbing us, except for Babs and Reese.|

Kara wore her black nerdy glasses, reading a book published by her favorite author, Marissa Meyer.

"What's so good about that book, anyway?" Damian sighed.

She shushed him, opening the hardcovered book. She inhaled the addicting scent of books and smiled lightly.

"Books are my drugs." She said.

Damian sighed hopelessly, thinking of ways to peel her eyes off that stupid book. He's been dreaded to talk to her about his past. He wanted to share his pain with her, hoping that she woould understand his situation.

"Can I tell you a secret?" He asked.

"I'm all ears,"

"I won't tell you until you close that stupid book."

"Books can't be stupid."

"You know my point."

"I don't."

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"Maybe?"

"You're hopeless!"

"I believe you were referring to yourself."

Damian snatched the book from Kara's hands and hid it in his bag. She stared at him with wide eyes, her hands holding a now invisible book.

"You didn't put a book mark!" She exclaimed.

"I did," he stated.

|Okay, this secret better be worth it or I swear I'll murder him in his sleep.|

She folded her arms over her chest, leaning back against her chair. Damian shouldered his bag and stood up, walking around the table to get Kara up to her feet. She stared at him, confused.

"Can we go to the manor?" He asked.

"What if I say no?"

"You have no choice."

He grabbed her arm gently, pulling her up to her feet. She stood up, but she refused to move an inch.

"I don't want to do this, Gordon. But you left me no choice." He sighed.

Kara was about to ask what he meant when she was suddenly swept off her feet. Damian carried her bridal style, walking outside the library quietly. A few stared at them oddly, wondering why the billionaire's son was carrying the commissioner's daughter.

"Damian, put me down! Everyone's staring!" She whisper yelled.

Damian stood by the entrance of the library and put her down, holding her left arm. He led her to his black motorcycle and put a helmet on her. Sighing, Kara held her bag straps and watched him wear his own helmet.