Batgirl: Break the code (part nine)

Part nine: Infiltration

Slaughter Castle

Batgirl, Batman, and Robin sneaked in the Slaughter Castle, avoiding as much villains as they can.

|I'm pretty sure I saw Blockbuster look our way when we passed the corridors. I just hope that he's dumb enough to think that it's just Wizard or I don't know.|

They spotted guards wearing silver masks by the hallway and figured that they have to knock them out in order to pass through. They looked at each other with knowing looks and nodded at the same time before melting in the shadows again. Batman was the first to jump out and punch one of the guards. Robin and Batgirl soon followed and knocked the guards out in an instant.

|I have to admit, fighting beside Robin and Batman made feel safe of some sort.|

"The coast is clear, turn left." Oracle said, her voice ringing in the ear piece. They nodded and turned left. An elevator was on the end of the hallway. Batgirl soon became cautious and slowed down a bit, pulling out one of her batarangs. Robin saw her actions and pulled out some of his smoke pellets. The familiar ding of the elevator rang and the silver doors opened. Three more guards were in it and Batgirl threw her batarang with perfect accuracy. The batarang moved like a boomerang and knocked the guards out in an instant. Both Batman and Robin were impressed by her skills. It was like she's been fighting bad guys since she was born. She knelt down and picked on their pockets.

"Got it," she said, pulling out a key card from one of them and pushed their bodies away from the elevator.

"Get in," she commanded and both Batman and Robin ran inside the elevator. Batgirl swiped the key card to grant access and pressed the highest ground level button.

|The elevator was taking so long that it made me fidget with my cape. I have that kind of problem.|

"Batman to Oracle, how are things going with Delta and Beta?" Batman asked, pressing his ear piece.

Back at the Batcave, Barbara watched the three groups move on the giant screen.

"Nightwing and the others are still watching from the roof. Delta is watching through the windows," she said. "No sign of anyone noticing our presence, yet."

"Good," Batman said on the other line.

"Make sure to stay in contact." Batgirl said and Barbara smiled at her sister's concern.

"You know, I should be the one worrying here." She said.

Alpha team reached the top floor and got out of the elevator. They moved quickly to find the control room before the gathering of the villains start.

"Just because you're not here doesn't mean you're safe." Batgirl said and she heard Barbara giggle.

Their footsteps were as light as a feather. It will be easy for them to get in the control room if there weren't any guards. But, then again, what is a control room without any guards?

Batman was about to turn left when both Robin and Batgirl grabbed his shoulders, preventing him from taking another step. They leaned against the stone walls and Robin leaned forward to look at the hallway Batman was about to turn to. There stood at the end of the hallway were the two guards Batgirl was talking about. They're about six feet tall, full of muscle, and they have an emo kind of style. Thick hair dyed in neon blue, piercings all over their faces, and they even have black leather jackets on. Their biceps were full of tattoos and they have biker boots on with those fake spikes. Batgirl almost laughed at their "OOTD", but she remembered that she's with the Dark Knight and his protegè.

"Okay, you and Robin will take out the first one. I'll handle the last by myself." She said, popping her knuckles. Batman shook his head in disapproval.

"No, you and Robin will go work together whether you like it or not. I'll deal with the other one." Batman said in his command voice. It almost sent shivers down her spine, but can voices really send shivers down metal?

"Yes, sir, Mister Batman, sir." She saluted with two fingers and Robin rolled his eyes. Batman disappeared and started fighting off the first guy. Robin and Batgirl looked at each other with uncertainty. They're not really sure if they can work together.

"Well, Batman's orders." Batgirl sighed, pulling out three of her batarangs. Robin smirked and pulled out more smoke pellets.

"It's not my intention to disobey my father. Not this time, perhaps." He replied and Batgirl rolled her eyes. Her chocolate brown eyes clearly visible to Robin.

"I guess we're thinking the same thing, then." Batgirl shrugged and they both jumped out of their hiding spots. They ran towards the other guard and attacked him with such force that it almost knocked the living light out of him. He regained his composure and lifted his fists towards them.

|I never knew that two different people can work together in harmony. It's like a piano and a violin in a competition, giving their all to win.|