Batgirl: Break the code (part one)

Part one: Bat Fam, Assemble

Gotham City Bank

|It was just a normal day like any other. Going to school, getting high grades, being alone, all normal.|

Batman and Robin emerged from the shadows and took out the goons that were trying to open the bank vault. They all wore silver masks that covered up their whole face that even their eyes can't be seen.

|It has been weeks since a new villain in Gotham rose.|

Batman tied up the goons with help from Robin and frustration was evident in their faces. Robin's teeth were gritted together with his eyebrows narrowed and Batman did his best to not show the scowl on his face.

|The case was getting harder and harder every single day. It was like this mystery villain was a ghost.|

"Tell me who you work for." Batman demanded, grabbing one of the goons by his collar and pushed him against the wall. It doesn't take a genius to know that the goon was cowering in fear even with his mask on. Batman can feel him shaking.

|I tried to make them speak up, too, but nothing worked. It was like their mouths were sewed.|

The goon didn't speak and Batman dropped him. Robin stood beside him and looked down at the goon in disgust. His hood was pulled up and casted shadows below his masked eyes, which made him even scarier.

|They asked for my sister's help, but even she can't figure it out.|

The sirens were ringing outside the bank and the two vigilantes used their grappling guns to exit the scene. Their capes swooshed when they were lifted up and they jumped from building to building. Their footsteps were as light as a feather, not even breaking a sweat from all the running.

|I felt like I know this person, like we've met before. The silver masks gave me hints.|

Batman and Robin hopped in the Batmobile and drove back to the Batcave. The trip was silent, but anyone can feel the stressful atmosphere around them.

"You think we can figure out who's behind this?" Robin asked, resting his chin on his palm. His masked eyes were looking out the tinted windows of the Batmobile, watching as they pass the tall buildings and other cars. All of it were a blur, but the Boy Wonder still watched them. 

"We have to," was Batman's answer. "We just have to step up our game."

"But even Oracle can't find out who's behind this." Robin retorted.

|If the whole Bat Family worked together, they might figure it out.|

"We'll call them all tomorrow." Batman said. Robin was confused. He folded his arms over his chest and looked at his father.

"Who?" He asked.

"Everyone," Batman responded.

|And that's what exactly happened.|

Batman parked the Batmobile inside the Batcave and they hopped off. Nightwing and Red Robin were in front of the Bat computer with Oracle on her wheel chair. Their eyes were averted to the screen, but they heard them coming.

"How'd it go?" Nightwing asked, turning around to face them. Robin walked towards Oracle and looked at the screen.

"Still nothing," Batman replied. Nightwing sighed and looked back at Red Robin who was analyzing the codes in the screen. Oracle was typing every code she could think of but nothing worked.

"Darn it." She muttered.

|I don't even know if I'm part of the family. The first Batgirl was very special, I can't just go and replace her almost immediately.|

"We will gather everyone here tomorrow," Batman said, taking his cowl off. "Every single one."

|Don't get me wrong, I occasionally help Batman when he needs it, but I usually patrol alone.|

"Tim will go get Jason, Dick will go get Katie, Damian will go get Luke, I'll get Cassandra and Stephanie, and Barbara..." Bruce looked at the paralyzed woman in front of the computer and she tilted her head to meet his gaze. "You'll get her."

Barbara didn't need to be told twice to know who he was referring to, but the other three were confused. Who was the girl Bruce was partaining to?

"She may be the only one who can break this stupid code." She said, looking back at the screen and saw the word "INCORRECT CODE".

"Wait, who is she?" Tim asked in confusion, his eyes darted from Bruce to Barbara then back to Bruce.

"You'll find out tomorrow." Bruce answered and Alfred walked towards the group of vigilantes with a tray full of tea cups and a tea pot.

"Welcome home, Master Bruce, Master Damian." He greeted and Damian nodded in response before climbing up the stairs to the higher level of the Batcave.

"I'll be in my room if you ever need me." He said before walking away. Bruce sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose with two fingers.

|I'll admit, it was very stressful to do it on your own. But, I started having hints on what the code might be.|

"All of you, get some sleep. We'll be very busy tomorrow." Bruce said and the rest of the Bat Family obliged.

|And little did I know that this mystery villain was just near my reach.|