Batgirl: Break the code (part forty-one)

Part forty-one: In Need Of Help

Wayne Enterprises

Batgirl stood on the edge of Wayne Tech, wondering if Riley will talk to her now that she's Batgirl instead of Kara.

|Riley Louise, and Rose are one of the kindest people I've met and I want to keep it that way. I will do everything.|

"Why are you out here alone?" Robin asked.

He stood in the middle of the roof, his arms folded and one eyebrow lifted.

"You do know that your arm just healed." He continued.

Batgirl smiled, turning around to meet Robin's masked eyes. She rest her right hand on the hilt of her katana and lifted her left hand. She playfully looked at it, checking for any injures.

"Seems fine to me," she grinned.

Robin rolled his eyes and walked towards her. Slowly, he grabbed her left hand and circled his thumb around her gloved palm.

"And so?" He asked. "That doesn't mean you can't go rest it up until it's perfectly fine."

Batgirl rolled her eyes at his remark and pushed his chest with her other hand. He chuckled at her effortless attempt to push him off.

"It is perfectly fine, Robin." She said.

"Okay," he sighed. "Come on, let's patrol."

"Hold up, I was supposed to go alone tonight." She said.

"I'll tag along until I can guarantee that you're perfectly fine." He replied.

She rolled her eyes, shooting her grappling gun on one of the buildings and jumped off the building. Robin followed, grappling towards the building opposite to hers.

They ran around Gotham, kicking bad guy butt in alleys and stopping robberies. They made a great team.

|It's almost one in the morning. Two more hours and I get some rest.|

Robin and Batgirl sat one of the buildings near the mall, watching as overnight drivers drive their delivery trucks. Gotham was never peaceful, anyway.

"So, how's your sister?" Robin asked.

Batgirl smiled lightly, looking up at the full moon above them. The stars twinkled around it, almost as if urging her to say something to the fifth Robin.

"She's fine," she said. "Doing patrols until twelve as Oracle."

"Just twelve?"

"Yes, I made her promise."

"You're mean."

"No, I'm concerned."

Robin chuckled, looking down at the street to hear cars honking and lights flicker. The night was peaceful enough for him and Batgirl to have a normal conversation and he was glad that they hada time like that during patrol. It made them feel relaxed. Free from worry and trouble in their lives.

"Good to know that you two are in the same place at the same time." A voice said.

Both Batgirl and Robin flipped and got into their fighting stances. Just before Batgirl brings her sword out, she was shocked when she saw who the girl was.

"Black Blade,"

|Okay, so the three of them were there on their uniforms. Black Blade, Poison Rose, and Ice meets Batgirl and Robin? Good meeting? Not exactly.|

"What do you want?" Robin growled, acting as Robin, not Damian. Batgirl had her right hand on her sword's case and the other on the hilt, still cautious.

"We want to talk." Ice said.

"About?"

"Things," Poison Rose muttered. Their looks were gloomy. Something Batgirl is not used to.

"Well," she said. "Talk."

She let go of her weapon, standing up straight and calmly. Robin did the same, bit he kept his hand on the hilt of his sword, not putting too much trust as Batgirl did.

"A friend of ours and her boyfriend--"

"Boyfriend?" Batgirl asked.

|Okay, what was that!? I was ready to listen to them! But that was unexpected. I was expecting something expected, not unexpected!|

"Well, they're not official, but we feel like they like each other." Death Blade said.

"Who are they?"

"Kara Gordon and Damian Wayne." Ice replied.

Batgirl and Robin looked at each other, their cheeks stained in pink. They were glad that it was dark or else they would've been caught.

"Uhh, maybe they're just friends." Robin said.

"Maybe," Ice shrugged.

"Anyway, we need your help. We want to go back to being normal, not serve as servants to those criminals." Poison Rose said.

They started talking to them about how their mentors abused and tortured them because of the "master's grand plan". They talked about everything Kara and Damian said back at Gotham Academy (mostly Riley) and how they would help them to defeat the new villain.

Batgirl and Robin paid attention to everything they were saying, taking in every information they can get. Batgirl secretly pressed the button in the middle of her belt and let Batman and the others hear whatever the girls were saying through their ear piece.

|I knew they were good. They were just forced into doing what they do. Talk about bad DNA.|

"And that's our story. We want to go back to how things were. Maybe turn into vigilantès, but yeah. You get what we mean." Death Blade said.

Batgirl and Robin looked at each other, having the same thoughts. They looked back at the three and Batgirl broke into a smirk.

"We'll help," she said.