Batgirl: Break the code (part seven)

Part seven: Greek Mythology

Gotham Academy

|What happened last night was something I never want to talk about. So, I did my best to avoid Damian today and it was...very hard.|

Kara made her way to her seventh period, which is Calculus. When she reached her room, she noticed that all of the seats were occupied except for the seat beside Damian Wayne. Oh, fate and its mysterious ways. She had no choice but to sit beside him and keep her mouth shut. She wore her black nerdy glasses and started reading a book she borrowed from the library. It was about Greek and Norse mythology. When it comes to mythology, Kara's the girl you need to know each and every one of the gods and goddesses.

Damian was attracted when she wore those glasses and he can't stop staring at her. The way her black hair fell on her face and her blue eyes moved from left to right as she read the book that caught her attention. He was about to try and talk to her again when two hands slammed on the table. Since the table was for two students, it made Kara flinch but she kept on reading. Damian looked up and saw Tiffany's stormy gray eyes. She was smiling cheekily at him and it didn't take a genius to know that it was forced.

"Hey, Dami!" She grinned. Damian's eyebrows furrowed as he watched the girl stand up straight and twirl her hair. "What are you doing sitting with her?" She asked in disgust, looking at Kara.

|If we weren't in school, I would've punched her face seven times already.|

Damian felt the annoyance coming from Kara and glanced at her before looking back at Tiffany.

"I...I was just helping her on something." He said. Kara's eyes widened and she slammed her book shut, but not before putting a bookmark.

"What do you think you're doing!?" She whispered at him with a fuming face. Damian motioned for her to play along and looked back at Tiffany who was glaring at Kara.

"On what?" She asked, jealousy was evident on her voice.

|Is that jealousy I hear, sweetheart?|

"Uhmm...Greek Mythology, yeah." Damian said and Tiffany replaced her scowl with a smile.

"I need a tutor, too. How about you sit with me and teach me?" She asked in a fake, sweet voice. Kara just wanted it to be over and dealt with. Damian wanted the same.

"Sorry, but I promised that I'll teach her and I'm a man of my word." He said, Tiffany's scowl went back and she sent another glare at Kara. She didn't seem to be fazed by the glare since she literally yawned.

"Okay, I'll just see you later, then." Tiffany said before walking off to her group of friends. Kara scoffed and hit Damian's head using her book.

"Ow! That book has a hard cover, you know!" He growled, rubbing his head. Kara rolled her eyes and opened her book once more.

"You can't just go and entertain her, can you?" She muttered.

"What is wrong with you? Is it about last night?" Damian asked and Kara literally froze in her place. The events of last night replayed in her mind and she couldn't get those smug smirks off of her head. Damian saw it when she froze and knew that he said it in the wrong time.

"Are you...are you alright?" He asked and Kara looked at the other side, facing the window.

"I'm fine," she said.

|Honestly, I don't know why he kept on pestering me about this. No one would actually care.|

After school, Kara decided to go back to the library to find more infromation about the mountain in San Francisco. It wasn't that hard to look for a book about mountains. Once she got all the books she needed, she set the stack on the table and staryed reading. It was a good advantage that she's a fast reader or else she won't get much information.

A castle on top of the mountain was spotted last January 7, 2017. News reporters said that the castle seemed to be abandoned, but they saw people wearing metallic masks walking inside.

|I know for sure that some of the hostages they managed to take will be in there. The news was published about three years ago, I was pretty surprised they haven't checked on the castle yet.|

"It wasn't really wise to be hiding somewhere even the innocent can find them." Kara jumped a bit in surprise when she heard Damian's voice behind her.

"Aren't you supposed to be at home by now?" She asked, flipping on another page. Damian pulled a chair beside her and sat on it.

"I told Pennyworth that I'll get back home by myself." He replied.

"Not really a smart move for Bruce Wayne's son." Kara muttered and Damian just shrugged.

"I can take care of myself." He said.

"Mhm, sure." Kara hummed.

"Are you doubting my capability of protecting myself, Gordon?" Damian asked, lifting an eyebrow. Kara looked back at her book and gave a very small smirk.

"Maybe I am." She said.

|It amused me when Damian scowled. It was like he was a fluff ball of anger.|