Batgirl: Break the code (part thirty-seven)

Part thirty-seven: Going To Hell

Gotham Academy, Music Room

After band practice (with Kara just watching), Kara was left alone in the music room. She was sitting on the piano bench, staring at the black and white keys. A song kept on replaying in her mind. A song that was dying to be played by her.

Slowly, she set her good hand on the keys. She took a deep breath, silently wondering if she can still play. But as soon as she pressed the first key, everything dissolved and only her and the piano were in the room.

People say we shouldn't be together
Too young to know about forever
But I say they don't onow what they're
Talk, talk, talkin' about

'Cause this love is only getting stronger
So I don't wanna wait any longer
I just wanna tell the world that you're mine, girl

They don't know about the things we do
They don't know about the I love you
But I mention if they only knew
They would just be jealous of us

They don't know about the up all night
They don't know what we did all my li--

Kara stopped playing when she heard someone walk inside the music room. She slowly turned her head to the door and saw Damian casually leaning against the door with his hands in his pockets.

"Why'd you stop?" He asked.

Kara looked back at the piano and chuckled quietly. She gently closed the instrument and stood up from the bench.

"Because you interrupted me." She replied.

She shouldered her bag and grabbed all three baskets with her hand. Damian walked towards her and grabbed the baskets from her hand.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

Damian shrugged, looking at the baskets full of flowers and chocolates and little stuffed toys. He was hoping that she didn't accept any of these because he's gonna be one of them.

"I'm helping you," he said. "Your sling will be removed tomorrow, right?"

"Yep," Kara nodded. "I can't wait to write with my dominant hand again. My hand writing looks like when I was in kindergarten."

Damian chuckled, helping her out of the music room. She was still limping, but not as much as before.

"You know, you still play good even with just your right hand." Damian complimented. Kara smiled lightly, looking up at Damian's eyes.

"I know," she grinned. "But piano's not really my favorite instrument. It's just the first instrument I learned."

"Still," Damian said. "You were great."

"Awww, thanks Dames." She smiled.

They walked outside the school and headed to the gates where Alfred was waiting for them.

"So, did you accept any of these?" Damian asked. He gestured to the baskets he was holding. Kara shook her head, smiling a bit.