Personal Ladder End

Start from the beginning

Lachlan: "Josh is in the right taking down three students who ganged up on Vik and try to hurt him, the same thing multiple students have Done to both he and I already but now, Vik is that scared to come to school I'm surprised he still is. I have photo evidence of bruises that I will show you tomorrow but right now as we were running, Vik was limping pretty bad and I almost had to carry him so I'm taking him to the hospital seeing as no fucking teachers in this school care about the students wellbeing."

Before she could reply, I slammed the door behind us as I picked up Vik and took him out to my car, thank full that my mum let me drive myself today, I lay him in the front seat and quickly got in the driver's before speeding off home. It took all of ten minutes before we arrived. I turned it off, stepped out and grabbed our bags before grabbing a very tired Vik and pulled him close to me as I closed the door and walked inside. Mum wasn't home but that was good, I took him up stairs and put him down on my bed, his eyes squinting in pain.

Lachlan: "Where?"

Vik: "My back is aching, probably from when I had fallen and hit the chair."

Lachlan: "Or when someone pushed you?"

Vik: "No this time at your library I actually fell trying to get a book and then hit my back on the chair behind me. It's been playing up all day and yesterday as well. I wasnt thinking earlier when we were running, not focused on it because I wanted to leave so badly.

Lachlan: "Here mate, Let me help."

I slowly and carefully rolled him over onto his back, he gasped in pain but was fine once he was flat again. I lifted his shirt up and helped him to take it off before he just cried a little. I grabbed some oils and started to massage them into his back, hoping it would help to ease his sore muscles. Or at least to take away the aching. The sounds of his reassuring sighs and groans told me I was doing at least a half decent job and I couldn't feel happier, and the fact that his skin under my fingers made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Lachlan: "He's so beautiful."

Vik: "So are you Lachlan."

Lachlan: "Fuck did I say that out loud?"

Vik: "You did, and you are just as beautiful."

I took a few moments before I leaned down and kissed his cheek, feeling him getting hotter as time went on, he was so fucking gorgeous it hurt. About half an hour later, when he had effectively relaxed and I had washed his back of the oils. I lay down behind him as he turned away from me, his light breathing being the only sound in the room. He must have fallen asleep sometime through that. Oh well, I should let him rest, no matter how tired I am. I snuggled under my blankets before letting one hand fall over his beautiful body. Holding him gently but secure in order to help. I let sleep take me before I gave myself a reason not too worry.

A few hours later, waking up to see Vik cuddling unto my chest, facing me as his hands were propped against my naked stomach. I reached behind me and grabbed my phone, finding quite a few messages from friends and my mum. Half way through scrolling, I felt Vik waking slowly, his eyes squinting from the light before he stretched out wide. His back must be feeling much better.

Vik: "Hi."

Lachlan: "Hey, everyone seems to be worried about you. Especially your parents. Josh said your mum tried to call but you didn't answer."

Vik: "Fuck, I'm going to have to go home but I'll see you at the library right?"

Lachlan: "Yeah, I'm working a new special job today so I'll be there."

Vik: "Promise?"

Lachlan: "I promise."

Vik's POV

As I got up and out of his bed, putting my shirt on and finding my phone in my pocket, I checked all of my messages noticing mum getting frantic before getting a last one saying she was fine after Josh told her what happened. I grabbed my bag and started walking home, remembering the trip from Lachlan's like I hadn't done it every day already. Twenty minutes later, I arrived home to mum cooking, she must be working tonight.

Mum: "Hey mate how was Lachlan's?"

Vik: "Good, he helped my back and gave me a light massage too, then we just slept. I was exhausted after today."

Mum: "Well I'm working tonight so I'm just making dinner now, want me to wrap yours up for later?"

Vik: "Yes please, I'm going to go an have a shower and get changed. I need to return a few books."

Mum: "OK mate I'll be gone by the time you get out so I will see you tonight when I get home."

I said my goodbye before heading up stairs and grabbing a fresh pair of clothes, and walking into the shower, turning it on and letting the cool water relax my body before it became warmer, as I cleaned myself, my sponge going over my skinny body, I couldn't help but remember his large, Australian arms resting and wrapping around my body. It was cute, but J woke up through the day and found myself laying on top of him, him holding me tight. I was about to sleep again when I heard him whispering to himself, likely dreaming.

Lachlan: "My Vik, My little star."

And I know the happiness couldn't stop me, I leaned down and kissed his lips quickly so he wouldn't wake and then fell back to sleep. About ten minutes later when I did finish and step out of my shower. I dried off and got changed before I grabbed the books and headed down to the library. I hope he is here today, I know he has to work. When I arrived ten minutes later, I walked up to reception and met his mum again before returning the books I had.

Lachlan's mum: "Hey Vik. I hope you are feeling better today, Lachlan has a job today but he will be with you in a second."

Vik: "Thank you."

She was really sweet and caring and one day I will get her name. Until then I'm happy just wanting to date her son. I looked over at my little spot and noticed it was empty before heading in and finding a seat, wondering how the fuck I'm supposed to reach the top for all the good books.

Lachlan: "Hey beautiful."

I looked over and noticed him with a piece of paper in his hands and some sticky tape. He placed the paper on his body and sticky taped it around him. I looked at the paper and laughed at the fine dark ink reading "Personal Ladder".

Lachlan: "What's so funny?"

Vik: "You..."

Lachlan: "Well I'm funny and beautiful apparently, and now you have a ladder to get the top shelf. And oh no I'm not reaching and getting it for you. I'm going to pick you up and hold you close while you take your time in choosing a book."

I looked at him and smiled, I knew his dorky self was up to something.

Vik: "I love you Lachlan."

Lachlan: "I love you too Vik."