Almost Toxic (Prinxiety)

Kind of a Part Two to "Patton That's Not Juice", you're going to find out why Roman was so flustered when Logan found him on the couch ;)

Roman's POV:

I was just sitting on the couch, minding my own busy when Virgil slightly stumbled into the room. He saw me and smirked, sending a bolt of confusion and fear through my spine. "Uh, greetings Virgil," I said casually as he came over. He sat down next to me, looking at me strangely. "Are you feeling alright?"

"I feel fantastic," he slurred, leaning in closer to me. I leaned away as my heart began to race and my cheeks flushed. "But you know what would be amazing?"

I laughed nervously. "W-What would that be?" I replied, trying to keep my composure. He chuckled before pushing me back against the couch. My back hit the cushion as I gasped. "V-Virgil?!"

He was hovering above me and had somehow pinned my wrists above my head. "I would love a kiss Roman," he said, smirking down at me. I blushed bright red as I looked up at him. "You're always boasting about how you're an amazing kisser. Wanna prove it pretty boy?"

His eyes were sparkling mischievously as he leaned down closer. I could feel his breath on my lips, catching a peculiar smell. "W-Wait, V-Virgil are you... drunk?" I asked in shock. He looked off to the side with a smirk.

"Maaaaaaybe," he said. "What's the matter Roman? I may be tipsy but I know what I'm doing."

This made a lot more sense all of a sudden. I felt a strange knot in my stomach. As badly as I wanted to kiss him, I was pretty sure he was only doing this because he was drunk. Part of me felt like he really didn't know what he was doing. I didn't want to take advantage of him. I don't know if it came across clearly, but I'm kinda in love with him... not that he knew that of course.

I let out a sigh, looking up at him sadly. "Virgil you're drunk," I said. "You don't know what you're doing. You don't really want to do this."

I felt a pang in my chest as I repeated what I said over and over again. He doesn't want this. He doesn't want this. He's drunk.

"Oh I beg to differ," he said with that smirk on his face. You know, the one that makes you weak at the knees? Yeah, that one. "I definitely want this."

I couldn't respond before he kissed me. His lips were blissful on mine, making me melt. I could definitely taste alcohol on them. Whiskey, I think, where did he even get whiskey?! I hadn't realized I'd been kissing back until he bit down on my bottom lip. I gasped and pulled away in realization. "No! Virgil, please!" I was practically begging him. My chest was aching with the heavy weight of guilt and longing. My voice got quieter as I continued. "I know you don't really want to do this, please, please don't..."

To my shock, it seemed to have worked. He was staring at me blankly. "Virgil?" I said tentatively.

He slowly sat up, unpinning me from the couch. I sat up as well, watching him closely. His expression was unreadable.

"Can I ask you why..." he muttered. I gave him a look of confusion, even though he didn't look up. I assumed he was talking about why I told him to stop. I tried to think of how I could express it.

"I-I was afraid," I said quietly. He looked at me curiously.

"What could you possibly be afraid of?" Virgil said. I could hear a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "You're the brave prince... you're not afraid of anything..."

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks again. Did he really think that? "That's not true..." I say quietly. "I was afraid that if I kissed you, I'd lose control. I know your judgment is skewed by the alcohol, and I know you don't really want to kiss me, and if I hadn't stopped you, I feel like I wouldn't have either. I don't want to take advantage of you."

He was silent as I kept going. I forgot I was speaking out loud, telling him this. "You're almost toxic. I'm scared I'll become addicted, and when this wears off, I'll still be addicted," I said, my thoughts just flowing. "If that happened... being around you would be unbearable..."

It was already hard to be around him. It felt like I was constantly drowning and yet dying of thirst at the same time.

There was silence between us for a few moments before Virgil grabbed my shirt and kissed me. Only, it was a soft and gentle kiss, one that felt as though he was scared to hurt me. It didn't last long enough for me to kiss back. He pulled away and stared at me for a second before getting up and walking away.

I just sat there, staring at where he'd left. My heart was racing and I felt lightheaded. I felt my face heat up the more I thought about it. I looked at the ground as I put a hand over my lips. They were tingling as though Virgil's lips were still on mine.

"Uh, Roman?"

I jumped at the sudden voice. I saw Logan standing in the entrance to the common room. "Oh, greetings Logan," I said, fixing my hair. "Can I be of assistance?"

"Do you know where Patton is?" he asked. He looked troubled.

I thought about it and realized I had no idea. "Sorry, I don't know," he told him. He nodded and went off on his way, leaving me to sit there and think. Virgil's actions drifted back to the front of my mind...

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

You're welcome XP