You've Got to Be Kitten Me (Prinxiety)

This was suggested by @SkyPie29 and originally written by @ChickitaGurl but I loved it so much and wanted to write a rendition of it so badly. The original is called "Purr-fect" :3

Virgil's POV:

So... I have this thing... It's a secret that I've kept from the others for years, and it's really really embarrassing... It doesn't happen often, but when it does I want death. I mean, that's kind of normal, but not the point!

You see, when a trait, normally negative (go figure) is overwhelmed, they are transformed into a form that won't harm the host. Embarrassingly enough, it's a small animal of some kind. And lately, Thomas has been pretty swarmed with things going on, and after a really bad panic attack that had me crying myself to sleep last night after I took most of his anxiety from him, I now woke up to find my embarrassing secret had happened yet again.

I groaned as I stretched out, only needing a few moments to recognize the strangely familiar feeling of having four legs. My eyes snapped open as I looked down, jumping with a startled yelp that resulted in me tumbling off the bed with a loud thud. No matter how many times this has happened before, it always scared the hell out of me. The world suddenly got a lot bigger, and I got a lot smaller. I winced at the loud noise I had made as I hit the ground. I let out a frustrated mew as I shakily got to my paws. I looked up at my dresser, bunching my haunches as I readied for a jump. Pushing off, I landed surprisingly nimbly on the dresser.

I found myself looking into the mirror at my reflection. My deep brown eyes were staring back at me. And I- was a small black kitten, with dark purple stripes under my eyes, almost as if it was mimicking my eye shadow.

It never ceased to amaze me just how much like my normal self my cat form was. I was lost in thought so I jumped about three feet in the air when a loud knock on the door sounded.

"Anxiety? Are you alright?" a familiar obnoxiously charismatic voice sounded. Panic shot through me as I froze. "I heard a loud noise, and I was concerned."

Was he actually? Since when does he care about my well being? I thought bitterly.

"Anxiety? Anxiety!" Princey called, worry seeping into his voice as I didn't respond. I jumped as he knocked again louder. Looking around widely, I dashed into the closet. I desperately tried to climb up to the top shelf, freezing as the door opened. "Anxiety?"

I watched, balancing precariously on a book that was teetering on the edge of the shelf, as he made his way into the room. He looked confused, searching the room for me.

"Now that's odd..." he muttered to himself with a frown. "I know I heard something-"

CRASH!

The book I had been balancing on toppled, sending me crashing down with several other items in my closet. Ow...

Princey jumped before rushing over. He pulled the doors open the rest of the way, scanning the closet before his gaze final fell to the floor, where I was painfully balancing on my chest with my legs in the air. "Oh my god," he murmured, eyes widening. For a moment, I thought he'd figured it out with his speechless reaction. That was, until he picked me up with a squeal of delight. "OH MY GOODNESS! When did Anxiety get a kitten?!"

I rolled my eyes as I squirmed in his hands. I did not like being held, and by Princey no less. I felt a slight pain in my body as I struggled, most likely from the fall in the closet. "Whoa, whoa! Calm down! I'm not gonna hurt you," Princey said, lowering his voice a little and changing the way he was holding me to a more comfortable and caring position. I surprisingly stopped struggling, earning a smile from the annoying Prince currently holding me. "See? Not gonna hurt you."

I huffed bitterly as I allowed this halfwit to hold me. I wanted death. Seriously, of all the people to find me like this it had to be Princey? Really? The universe hates me.

I felt a hand gently run from my head along my back, feeling my skin grow warm at the contact. It was surprisingly extremely nice. I leaned into his touch, a soft pure rumbling in my chest involuntarily. "Aww, you are adorable," Prince said with a big smile. "I have to go show the others!"

My eyes widened in horror. Oh no...

Yes there will be another part or parts of this at some point, I just don't know how quickly with school. It's making it very hard to work on anything I care about :(