•Chapter 26•

Author's POV

After the fight that Fabian and Eddie had, Fabian refused to sleep in the same room with Eddie, so he slept on the couch.
To avoid any more tension or drama, Nina asked Amber to sneak her back upstairs, so she could sleep with Amber and give her the run down.

"So you did kiss Eddie?" Amber asked once Nina told her everything.

"Hmm." She simply answered.

"Well why wasn't I informed?" Amber crossed her arms. "I mean I knew something was going on, but you're my best friend, Neens. We are supposed to tell each other everything!"

"I know, Amber. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just didn't wanna hurt Patricia or Fabian."

"Speaking of Patricia, where is she?" Amber questioned.

"She is downstairs talking with Eddie. She said I could sleep in her bed if I'd like, while she sleeps in their room."

"What do you guys think we are running here? A sex parade? You guys are always sleeping in the guy's rooms. I don't do that because I respect myself." Amber stood proudly.

"It's not like that Amber." Nina defended. "Me and Fabian still haven't kissed let alone do anything sexual."

"We really gotta fix the no kiss thing. It's really starting to bother me." Amber smiled, leaving Nina with a smile on her face as well.

"Goodnight, Amber." She said as she climbed into Patricia's bed.

"Goodnight, Neens." Amber turned off the light.

Within moments Nina was sound asleep, as well as Amber.

~~~

Around midnight that night it was very quiet in the house. Maybe too quiet.
But once the doors to Anubis house were opened by a lurking shadow, there was no going back.
For someone had managed to break in the residence, or was it that they had a key?
That shadow tip toed over to Fabian and turned the other cheek, because this malicious creature wasn't after Fabian. No, this creepy shadow was after one and only one person...Nina.

Where Nina and Amber were fast asleep, it opened the door, leaving its imprint where the light shined.
It strayed some sort of mist on Nina's face, before it got her out of bed and carried her out of Anubis House.

~~~

That next morning when Amber woke up, she searched for Nina, but couldn't find her.
She went down stairs where Eddie and Fabian were getting ready, and told them that she was missing and that the door was left wide open.

"Okay, you and Fabian check the attic and I'll check the tunnels." Eddie hypothesized a plan and they did as told.

Amber and Fabian went upstairs to the attic and were about to open the door with Amber's hair pin, when Mara came out with some uneasy questions.

"What are you two doing?" She questioned, her arms crossed across her chest.

"We, uh, Trudy asked us to get something from upstairs." Fabian stuttered.

"Well 'uh' why don't I go ask her." Mara scoffed and started to walk towards the stairway. Fabian ran to her and stopped her before she could go any further.

"Mara, wait!" He turned her around so she wouldn't get out of his grip.

"Tell me the truth for once in your life!" She exclaimed.

Fabian looked at Amber, who gave a positive nod, and then he sighed.
"Nina is missing and we are trying to find her."

"Oh." Mara stopped struggling. "Why didn't you just say that? I can help look for her." 

"You'd do that for us?" Fabian's lips crooked into a smile.

She looked at him in the eyes, "No, but  good luck." She gave an evil grin, leaving Fabian and Amber to ponder what just occurred.

"C'mon, Fabian. She isn't worth your time." Amber finished unlocking the door, and preceded to go upstairs.

~~~

Eddie went through the cellar door, hoping no one had seen him considering Nina had her necklace back. He went through the study until he reached the chasm and walked his way across the deep dark abyss. Once he reached the mask chamber, he heard what sounded like someone talking, but muffled and unclear of what they were saying.

He followed the sound all the way back to the star room, where all the hands had faded into the ground. Then he crawled through the tiny tunnel that led to the old Frobisher literary and peeked inside the vented door to find James and Nina.

She was still in her nigh clothes, sitting down on a an old dusty chair.

Eddie was about to go in for the rescue, but something told him to wait and listen in on their conversation.

"Why?" Nina asked James, who was pacing back and forth.  "Why didn't you tell me you were my father? Why wait until now to tell me and kidnap me in the middle of the night?"

"It was the only way that Victor wouldn't know I had you. He's been spying on the house and of course you know he has Jerome spying for him as well." James responded.

All of this left Eddie shocked and not sure of what in the world was going on, so he kept listening.

"It still doesn't explain why you would beat me and hurt me like you did. If you are my father, then why didn't my mom tell me about you? Or my Gran?" Nina continued.

"Because the moment I met your mother's parents, they have hated me. We were secretly dating and once your mother protested against her parents, we got married and had you." James sighed.

"And then she died in a car wreck when I was eight, correct?"

"Yes." He agreed. "It was a tragic day for all of us. Your Gran insisted on raising you and that was when I left the country to come to England. I stayed with my cousin, who you know as Victor."

"This doesn't make since to me. Me and Eddie have been having visions of you living here with Victors dad, and he killed your parents." Nina responded.

James sighed. The heavy weight of it all on his chest. "That's because it's true. My true last name is Frobishersmithe."

"But how are you so young? The elixir?" Nina asked, coming to a realization.

"Yes, your mother was married to an old man. That's why your Gran didn't like me." James said. "Victor's father made me take it for a couple of years. I was considered his laboratory monkey. He would test the elixir on me to see if it would work, and it did."

Nina was lost for words, but she knew Eddie was right behind the vent because she could hear his thoughts.

•••••

So I'm gonna stop the chapter right there. I'm having a little bit of writers block and I'm trying to break through that so thank you for being patient with me!
I have no idea when I'll be able to update again. I've been working on this chapter for 2 weeks now, a little at a time but I hope you guys enjoyed!
Don't forget to comment what you guys thought and I'll see you soon!
Sibuna✋🏼