•Chapter 4•

"So your telling me that Nina was in your dream last night?" Patricia asked Eddie, while sitting on the edge of his bed in his room. Eddie finally told her about the dream he had last night, after school.

"Please don't think I'm crazy, but yes. I know this is probably insane to think, but what if she's in danger?" Eddie asked.

"But Eddie, she gave you her locket, she gave you the letter to give to Fabian. Do you really think someone could of kidnapped her?" Patricia asked back.

"It's possible." Eddie held the eye of Horus necklace up to examine. "Should we tell the others?"

"I think we shouldn't. I rather not have another life threatening mystery to get them involved in." Se stood up to face him. "But in the meantime, we need to get started on homework." She rapped her arms around his waste.

"Is that Patricia I'm talking to? The Patricia I know hates homework and loves to yack." Referring to his pet name, Yacker, for her.

"Haha, very funny." She faked a laugh and grabbed her bags to head toward the door. "Guess you'll be doing your homework alone." She opened the door and walked out with a smirk.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At dinner, Trudy made Chicken and Dumplings with a roll, apple pie, and a drink.
Everyone dug into their food–well Alfie and Jerome– and talked amongst themselves when they were finished.

Many of the students got into conversations about people from the past, who were associated with the house at one time. Such as Victor, Nina, and Mick.

"What happened to Victor anyway?" Amber asked.

"He left last year because of the," Fabian was about to say but the others were around to listen. "Because he had to take care of something."

"Is he coming back?" Amber asked.

"No. I don't think so." James Fremont said, coming from the hall. It startled some of the students.

"You knew Victor?" Eddie suddenly asked.

"Yes. I knew him quite well, being that he's my cousin." He paced around the students.

"When was the last time you spoke with him?" Jerome joined in.

"The last time I spoke with him would probably be when he asked me to take his place of being the caretaker of this house." James told them.

"With all do respect– Why did he ask you?" Joy asked him.

"Enough with the questions!" James snapped. "You shouldn't be talking about the people in the past anyhow. Especially my cousin and Ni," he stopped, realizing he had said to much. He cleared his throat. "Enjoy your evening." And with that he left the dinning room.

Everyone looked around at each other.

"What was that about?" KT was the first to speak.

"He is a very odd man." Willow joined in.

Patricia and Eddie gave a glanced toward one another, because they knew that he was about to say Nina. But they didn't know why.

~~~

Later on that evening Alfie was just outside Willow's bedroom door, holding her hand and talking to her in private before curfew.

"Is everything okay with you lately?" Willow asked suddenly. "You've been acting different, especially with the whole "Albert" thing." She giggled.