•Chapter 3•

"Eddie..." A strange voice echoed while he was standing in front of Anubis house. "Eddie..." it said again.

"Eddie! Help!" A familiar voice cried.

"Awaken, Orsirian." The other voice said.

Then Eddie wasn't standing by Anubis house anymore. Instead he was standing in an old gray, stoned room that barley had enough sun light coming in from the small window, which was above a bed in the room. The bed was old and had a hole in the middle of it. But what caught Eddie off guard, was the girl who was chained to the edge of the bed, crying and saying encouraging things to herself. She had dirt on her face and clothes. Her clothes were torn up and her hair was long and greasy. She didn't look good. In fact, she looked like she was being held captive.

But then the girl raised her head and Eddie knew exactly who it was...Nina.

"Somebody please help!" She screamed out. But she stopped. "No one will come, Nina. Just face it. They don't care or don't even know." Nina said to herself and cradled her head in her lap and continued to sob.

"Nina?" Eddie called.

But it was too late.

He woke up from his dream, and remembered today was the first day of school. And better yet...today was the day he regained his Orsirian powers.

~~~

That morning after breakfast Mara met up with Fabian and they walked over to school together.

"Hey!" Mara greeted. "Why didn't you wait for me?"

"Oh, sorry." Fabian sighed. "I got a lot on my mind."

"Uh oh." Mara gave a heavy sigh. "This has to do with Sibuni doesn't it?"

Fabian chuckled a bit. "It's Sibuna," he joked, "And no, not exactly."

"Okay so then what?" She asked.

"I, well I don't know exactly. Amber mentioned Nina last night and Eddie shoved her to the side as if she was some kinda of sickness that he didn't want to heal. I don't know. I feel like he's hiding something." He admitted.

"Hhhmm. Well I don't know about that." There was a pause between them. "So, you miss her don't you?" She asked.

"Yes. But you know I'm with you right? It's not like she's just gonna show up out of no where you know? Like Eddie said, she's living her own life and I'm with you. And I couldn't be more happy." He held her hand as they walked and Mara blushed.

Mara stood in front of Fabian ,which made him stop walking, and hugged him. Fabian hugged back, but was distracted from the love Mara was showing, when he saw a bush move over by the clearing.
"Strange" he thought.

~~~

Patricia and Joy were in the lounging area before class had started. Eddie came rushing in and asked to speak to Patricia, who followed him out into the hall.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Well, I, ya see..." He scratched the bad of his neck, not knowing what to say.

"Well?" She asked.

"I had another dream." He answered.

"What? About Mrs. Andrews!?" She questioned.

"No, no!" He spoke ecstatically. "No an..." He looked around him, "Orsirian dream." He finally said.

"No, that can't be. The Orsirian is dead, Eddie." She said.

"But what if he isn't? But that's not all," he hesitated before going further. "I had a dream about Ni,"

"Hey!" A teacher shouted. "Both of you get to class! You don't want me to give you detention on your first day!" And with that Eddie and Patricia went to their first class of the day.

"I'll tell you later." He whispered before walking away.

~~~

Mr. James Fremont went out of the house that afternoon. He was walking toward the clearing in the woods, by the school; and seemed to be carrying a brown paper bag. He looked around to make sure no one followed him, or saw where he was heading.

After a couple minutes of walking in the woods, he stopped at an old shack that seemed to be where tools and old shovels were kept. It was quite small and stuffy inside, until he opened up a secret passage that led under ground. He climbed down the steps and unlocked a door that you saw after being completely down in the hole. He opened the door and saw a young girl looking out the window in the gray, dreary room. She seemed to be chained to the bed and dirty.

"Eat up!" Mr. Fremont said after throwing the paper bag on the bed.

"I'm not hungry!" She spat and continued to look out the window. It barley even showed sun light, but it was all she had.

"You haven't eaten in four days! You must be hungry." He continued. She grabbed the bag and opened it up and ate part of the apple that was inside.

"What did you poison it with this time?" She asked throwing the apple in his direction. It rolled and stopped by his right foot.

"Nothing, this time. " he said to her. "If you think for a second that your friends are coming for you,"

"My friends will come for me!" She cut him off. "Especially Eddie."

He cleared his throat. "Well, I'll make sure your dead by the time they figure it out." He turned to walk away.

"You can hurt me all you want to, but I promise I will give my life for them." She argued.

"That's a challenge I'm willing to take." He smirked and walked out of the old shack, locking the door behind him.

"That's what you think." Nina smirked.

To be continued...