•Chapter 15•

After everyone had eaten, they finally gathered up in Amber's room, to hear about what happened to Nina. She mentioned that it would take a while to tell so they made sure that James wouldn't know what they were up to. Alfie brought pop corn and drinks, and Eddie and Fabian sneaked some pillows and blankets, ready to spend the night.

Patricia and Eddie laid on their tummies on her bed; KT on the floor next to Patricia; Amber in her bed; and Alfie and Fabian on KT's bed. Nina was in the middle of them all, ready to explain everything that happened.

"Okay, so here it goes. And before I start, it's all kind of scary and very emotional, so please, give me time."
Everyone nodded.
"When Eddie was at the airport to go off to England for senior year, I found him and stopped him. I gave him my locket and the letter to Fabian, explaining that I couldn't come back. I had told him that the Orsirian and Chosen One couldn't be together, or bad things would happen...but it was a lie. A week prior to that, I got a phone call from my Gran. I was out at the nearby restaurant with some old friends of mine and she told me that she fell down some stairs and that she needed me. So, I went back home and there she was, dead." Everyone gasped.

"I was so confused," she began to cry. "I didn't understand how she could have called me. But then I heard the footsteps of a monster. Of someone who I knew would have done this without blinking. And it was Victor. He came walking down the hall way of my house and told me that if I didn't come with him and do as he said that he would kill each and everyone of you. So I went with him and obeyed. He made me tell Eddie all those lies, but I knew that I was in fact keeping you guys safe. He kept me in this cell and would torture me with different objects." She lifted up her shirt so they could see her back. "He told that that I would always have the curse of Anubis on my back. That no matter if Senkara was gone or not. He made me choose between Eddie and Fabian. Amber and Patricia. Even Trudy and Mr. Sweet. I didn't understand what he wanted from me. Bit then he called his cousin James who came and took me to England and kept me captive of that shack for 2 years. Victor would come in every so often, but once he told James that Sophia was dead and that he had the touch stone, he could begin to make the elixir. All I knew that he needed Sophia dead and he needed the Orsirian dead as well. When the Orsirian died, all of his powers transformed to me. And that is what Victor wanted all along." He finally finished.

Everyone was so shocked. It was silent for a few minutes and then Amber spoke up.

"Wow." Was all she could say.

"Yeah." Nina said awkwardly.
Fabian and Amber came over to her and wrapped their arms around them.

"I can't believe all that happened to you." Fabian said quietly. "Do you mind?" He asked, asking if he could look at her back, one more time. 

"What did you mean he made you chose between us?" KT asked, very very flabbergasted.

She sighed, "He had James come in and lay out pictures of Eddie and Fabian, mostly, and made me choose which one died or which one was to be tortured next. But I knew it was all fake."

"How?" Patricia asked.

"The day that Eddie lost his powers, I saw a big light reaching for the sky out of my little window, and then came back down. Once it did, I felt a rush of energy rush through my veins. I heard the words The Orsirian is dead ring in my ears, but then I fainted. I had visions of you guys, and all of you were at prom dancing and having a good time. I didn't know who some of you were, but I knew you all were safe."

Amber along with Patricia started crying along with her.

"I am so sorry, Nina." Amber sobbed and hugged Nina tighter. "I can't believe they did that to you."

"Yeah, and all for that stupid elixir." Alfie jumped in.

"We will make them pay for what the have done to you, I promise you that." Fabian balled up his fists. Nina laid her hand on his hands and gave his a sympathetic look.

"What does Jerome have to do with this, Nina?" Eddie suddenly intruded on their moment.

She sighed again. "He helped keep me a secret."

"Are you serious?!" Alfie stood to his feet.
Nina shook her head.

"He's been helping Victor and James lock me away. He knew that I was in England the whole time and knew why I didn't come back." She answered.

"I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound like Jerome. Are you sure that it was him?" Patricia asked.

"He came to visit me, Patricia." She answered.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Fabian stood to his feet and walked towards the door.

"Fabian, wait!" Eddie exclaimed.

"What?! I'm not letting him hurt her anymore!" He yelled.

"But if you do that, you are putting her life in more danger!" Eddie retaliated. "Is that really want you want?"
Fabian shook his head no and then summoned Nina to sit with him on her old bed.

"I think what we should do for now is just call it a night and talk about what to do in the morning, agreed?" Eddie asked everyone and they all shook their heads in agreement.

Amber slept in her bed, KT in hers, Patricia and Eddie in Patricia's bed, Alfie on the floor, and then Fabian and Nina in the flood beside Ambers bed.

Amber didn't want her sleeping in the floor, but she insisted, and finally told her it was because she wanted to be by Fabian more of the night. Not to do anything suspicious, but to maybe talk or have him by her side.

They locked the doors and turned out the lights.

"Goodnight, Fabian." Nina smiled while looking into his deep green eyes.

"Goodnight, Nina." He gently rubbed his thumb on her cheek as she fell asleep.

To be continued...

SIBUNA✋🏼