•Chapter 18•

Once Fabian and Nina arrived at the house, he made sure the cost was clear. She ran until she hit Eddie and Fabian's room and opened the door.

"Fabian?" Mara looked down the steps at him. "What are you doing?"
He looked up at her, and then down the hall at Nina. She shut the door behind her and locked it, no no one would enter unless it was Fabian.

"Well hello to you too." Eddie said to Nina, which scared her.

"Eddie," she sighed, "Don't don't that." She bent over so her palms were touching her knees, so she could catch her breath.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Well, considering we almost got caught by James and Mara, yeah. I guess so." She laid her bag on Fabians bed and through herself into the bed. "What about you?"

"Eh, just chilling. Are you okay?" Eddie asked another question.

"Yes, I'm fine, okay?" She sat up. "Just scared he is gonna find me."

"He isn't going to find you. I promise."

"I don't know what more he could want with me. I can never have a normal life." She stretched out on the bed.

"Come on, tell Dr. Eddie." Eddie teased.

"All I want is to settle down and not worry about an elixir of life, evil spirits, and Victor abusing me for whatever reason. I want to fall in love, finish school, and have a life of my own." She said, Eddie got up and sat by her side.

"Nina," he whispered. She sat up, confused as to whatwas going on, as he put a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Why can't I get over you? Why can't I get over that kiss we shared?"

"I, I don't know,"

"Shh," he put his index finger to her lips. "You will have a normal life. You will fall in love and finish school. You will have everything you want to gain from life, because as long as I'm your protector, I will make certain of that." At this point, he was breathing her air, almost as if they were going to kiss again. But it took everything in Eddie to not do so. Instead, he did the unexpected. He kissed her forehead and walked away.

Nina's breathing became heavy, she was intrigued by what had just happened and for some reason wanted more.

~~~

"What are you doing?" Mara asked Fabian as she descended the stairs.

"Oh, um, I was just...out." Fabian stuttered.

"Out?" She raised her eyebrows. "Doing what exactly?"

"Umm,"

"Look, if you are seeing someone else, you can tell me, Fabian." Mara spoke up.

"I'm not seeing anyone. I was just at the library, looking for some thing new to read." He finally said.

"Ahuh. I heard you were seeing someone." She crossed her arms. "You don't have to lie."

"I'm not lying, Mara. If I was seeing someone, I'm pretty sure that it's none of your business anyways. We aren't together anymore. We may be friends but that doesn't put you over my life." He spat.

"You know what, your exactly right. At least I was over Jerome and Mick before I decided to date you." And with that, Mara went upstairs, leaving Fabian to ponder.

He didn't know what to do at first. To be completely honest, he was dumbfounded. He picked up the stuff that had fallen out of his arms, and headed to his room.

When he arrived at the door, it was locked. He knocked on the door for Eddie or Nina to let him in, but right as he did this, Jerome came from his room as if the were waiting for him. Fabian stood in front of the door with his hand holding the door knob.

"Can I help you?" Fabian asked Jerome who was looking at him suspiciously.

"No, where have you been?" Jerome questioned. 

"Why does everyone want to know where I go?" He raised his voice. "Were you the one who told Mara I was seeing someone else?"

"N-No, why on earth would I do that?" Jerome stuttered.

"Because, you keep stalking me. Tell the truth!" Fabian said a bit louder.

"Fine, I did. Are you seeing someone?" Jerome questioned further. "You have been in and out of the house a lot lately."

"Because, I have better things to do than sit in the house all day. Now if you don't mind, I would like to carry on with my business that doesn't concern you." Fabian turned away and opened the door to his room as Jerome groaned.

When Fabian entered the room, he got an awkward vibe from both Eddie and Nina.

"Everything okay in here?" He asked awkwardly. Nina was on Fabians bed, and Eddie was on his.

"Yeah, everything is super." Eddie said.

"Yeah, what about you?" Nina asked.

"Oh, well, everything is fine. Just Mara and Jerome think I'm seeing someone else and won't stay out of my business." He said angrily.

"Hmm, well okay then." Eddie said.

~~~

When Mara entered her room, she through herself on her bed and let out a little groan.

"Are you okay?" Joy asked while snickering.

"No, if you want me to be completely honest." She answered.

"What's wrong now?" Joy sighed as she closed the book she was readying.

"Just Fabian." Mara said. "Jerome told me that he might be seeing someone else and when I went to go investigate, he was rude towards me."

"Okay one, how would Jerome know? Two, you and Fabian aren't together anymore, so why should it matter?" Joy asked.

"Because I still love him." Mara started to tear up. "I know that it's over but I don't know. It still hurts."

"I know," she came over to hug Mara. "But there is someone out there waiting for you. You just have to be patient."

"I know, your right." Mara hugged her back.

"I always am." Joy smiled.

~~~
Later on that night, Nina was transformed into a dream...

She was in Anubis house, when it was in the 40's.  She looked around and saw little Victor and Sarah running around in the house.

"Stop your running!" Victors father shouted from his office.

"Victor, please. They are just children." A woman said from up the stairs.
Nina started to go up then to see who it was.

"Don't you dare speak to me like that. He may be a child but he shouldn't be playing with that girl." Victor spoke back.

"Once we kill her parents, then we can send her to the orphanage." She said.
When Nina reached the top of the stairs, she saw a girl she had never seen before, until she actually saw her face. It looked like the girl in the picture that Eddie had showed her. Sophia was her name.

"Good riddance." Victor said.

"I'll be back soon." She said, and walked up toward the attic.

Nina followed her up the attic stairs to what seemed to be a old bed room. On the bed laided a little boy with black hair. He seemed to be staring out the window.

"You need to eat, you haven't eaten since Sunday." She said.

"I only eat when Victor tells me too." He said, still staring out the window.

"Well I say eat now!" She said firmly.

"I'm not hungry." He spoke back.

"Fine, I will leave the tray of food right here." She laid the tray down on the night stand. "Please, James, if you need anything, let me know."
And with that she walked out of the room.

To be continued...