•Chapter 6•

That evening, James came to see how Nina was doing. But when he arrived she was no where to be found...

"What on earth?" He whispered to himself. He checked all around the room to see if she was hiding, but still no sign of her. He rushed out of the room, leaving the door open, and climbed up the stairs.

But Nina was in fact in the room. She crawled out from under the mattress and went straight out the door! She climbed up the latter and waited before she began to take off. Waiting before she left, she looked for James, but saw he had went behind the shack angrily. She took off out of the shack and disappeared into the forrest.

~~~~

Alfie went up to Willow's room before Dinner and asked to speak with her. They walked outside towards the clearing, so they could talk with more privacy.

"Alfie, I know what your going to say." She stopped him before he could say a word. She sighed heavily. It felt like to her that the whole world was caving in on her. She loved Alfie with all of her heart, but if he didn't feel the same anymore, then there wasn't any use in begging him not to leave.

"Willow, I'm sorry." His voice cracked. "I love you too much to hurt you,"

"-but your in love with Amber, correct?" She finished his sentence. He shook his head lightly. "I understand."

"I know you do, you always do,"
Again she cut him off.

"-it's the right thing to do Alfie. We both can't help the way you feel for her. She was your first love, and maybe you two have some unfinished business to take care of."

"Yeah, we do." He admitted.
Willow smiled at that. Alfie, in her eyes, was a sweetheart, and any girl would be lucky to have him. "I'm sorry, Willow."

"It's okay Alfie. We can be really good friends." She smiled.

"I'd like that." He grinned. They gave each other a passionate hug, the hug that only a boyfriend or girlfriend can give. This was their goodbye hug...

Then there was a frantic scream in the woods, but to Alfie it sounded familiar.

"What was that?" Willow flinched.

"Uh, we need to get to the house now!!" Alfie demanded.

"HELP!" The voice cried again.

"Now!!" Alfie yelled as he took Willow by the hand and dragged her to the house.

~~~~

Back at the house Eddie was in the living room with Patricia and Fabian doing homework.

"But I still don't get why you divide pie by pie and it cancels!" Eddie groaned, frustrated at Fabian.

"Look," Fabian dragged his pencil on the paper. "They are like factors, so they cancel to get X by itself."

"Your impossible." Patricia smirked, seeing how Eddie was frustrated.

"No!" He defended. "I'm just not perfect like some people." He glanced at Fabian.

"Hey! I am not perfect." He denied. "I screwed stuff up with Mara today and I don't even know what I did wrong."

"What happened?" Patricia asked. "Too caught up with your feelings?" She mocked.

"Patricia don't make the boy cry." Eddie laughed. "What happened, Fabian?"

"So we always meet in the morning for coffee right?" He began.

"Hhhhnmmm" Eddie hummed.

"Well I didn't meet with her because of the Sibuna meeting, but she got all upset because I forgot something else, but she won't tell me." Fabian explained.

Eddie looked toward Patricia and wondered if she knew.
"Patricia, do you know why Mara is upset?"

"Yep!" She popped the 'p'.

"What did I do?" Fabian asked.

"Not telling." She turned the page in the book she was reading, not taking her eye off the page.

"But,"

Patricia slammed her book shut. "Fabian! It's something that was special to her and you forgot completely about it. You need to figure it out and fast!" Patricia got up but was stopped at the door by Alfie and Willow out of breath.

"What's going on?" Eddie asked.

Alfie was smart with his word choice, seeing that Fabian was in the room.

"I need you now!!" Alfie demanded. Eddie quickly got up, followed by Patricia and then Fabian.

"Fabian, you stay there." Alfie requested.

"What? No, I'm coming with you!" Fabian said.

"Stay there, I said!!" Alfie said once more and left the house with Patricia and Eddie.

"What's wrong?" Eddie asked once they reached the clearing in the woods.

"Me and Willow were out here talking, and then we heard a scream." He said.

"What kind of scream?" Patricia asked looking farther into the woods.

"It was a girls scream, and it sounded like Nina." Alfie finally said.

Eddie didn't question much further. He ran and ran and ran into the woods to find who that was and if it was Nina.
But there was nothing there.

"We're too late." Eddie huffed. "Whatever it was is gone." He turned around to look at Patricia and Alfie. Eddie was in fact crying.

~~~~

At dinner, everything was pretty tense.
Willow was kind of upset about her and Alfie.
Fabian was confuse and curious as to what happened between Eddie and Alfie and then Mara.

Eddie was hurt because of what occurred with Alfie and Patricia in the woods.
Alfie was frantic for his life.

Mara was upset with Fabian for forgetting something and the rest of the gang were chill, and minding their own business.

"Mara." Fabian whispered to her while others were talking. "Hey Mara." He said again but she ignored. "What did I do?"

Mara continued to eat her dinner and just rolled her eyes.

Fabian sighed. "Fine. I give up with trying to figure out what I've done." He said a bit louder than intended.

Mara laid her fork down and stood to her feet. "You forgot our anniversary." She said sternly yet peacefully that she walked out of the room with tears streaming down her face.

Fabian looked toward the others who were dead silent.

"Nice going shithead." Joy scoffed.

"Joy!" Jerome laughed.

"Whoops." She smirked.

~~~~

"Let go of me!" Nina demanded. James had her by her wrist, and was cuffing her to the bed, back at the shack.

"If you ever, I mean ever do that again, I will make sure you never see out that window again, along with Eddie and Fabian." He threatened. "Are we clear?"

Nina shook her head frantically.

"Good!" He spat. "Now stay!" He left the room once again, leaving Nina strapped to the bed.

As soon as he closed the door she said, "I really hope someone heard me." She curled up into a ball and began to sob.

To be continued . . .