•Chapter 23•

Early that next morning, Fabian woke up all confused and scared. The last thing he remembered was being dragged into the car by some man in a mask, and then bagging on the trunk of the car.

Amber went and got him food and water, while Nina held his hand and told him it was going to be okay. She also caught him up on what happened with Victor as well. He was more worried about Nina than himself at this point and just wished that none of this would have happened.

"I'm so sorry, Nina. If I wouldn't have left the room then none of this would have happened." Fabian sobbed.

"No, Fabian it's not your fault. You couldn't have known what was going on." She said comforting him.

"I just don't want them to hurt you again and I screwed up. Thank goodness Eddie was here."
Fabian added.

Nina hugged him, "I'm just glad you are here. I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to you."

"Neither would I love." He said with a smile.

"Awwwwww!!" Amber and KT said in sync.

Nina kissed his cheek because he knew that that was her favorite word for him to use. Fabian's cheeks turned red after that and she sat next to him on the bed.

"Where's Patricia?" Eddie suddenly asked.

KT and Amber looked at each their.
"Well, she she said didn't want to come down here." KT said.

"Why?" Eddie asked.

"Why don't you go ask her." Amber snapped.

Eddie looked at her strangely and left the room, going upstairs to see what was going on.

~~~

Patricia was upstairs still under her covers. Since early that morning she didn't wanna see Eddie nor Nina together. She knew something was going on and had been for a while, but after they embraced like that, she couldn't stand to look at them.

A couple of months before their senior year in high school, Patricia found a book on the Orsirian and the Chosen One. She read all about their powers and how they were destined to be together. That's why she freaked out when she thought Eddie and Nina had something going on at the beginning of their senior year. But all of that was wiped away when Nina didn't come back, however, she has been here this entire time.

Eddie knocked on the door, "Patricia? Can we talk?"

Patricia ignored him, and boy was that her biggest mistake. Eddie bagged and bagged on the door until she came to it and opened it.
"What!?" She yelled.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Eddie said in defense.

"Well, as you can see I'm perfectly fine." She scoffed.

"Obviously not." Eddie chucked, coming inside the room.

"Can you please just get out?" She begged.

"Ummm, no." He smiled even bigger.

"Ugh!!!" She stomped back over to her bed.

"Please just talk to me." Eddie put his hand on her hand.

"You know what's wrong. If you didn't know then you wouldn't have come up here." She said.

"It's because of Nina isn't it?" Eddie asked.

And Patricia nodded her head. She told him everything–the way Nina and him have been acting around each other, the way she embraced him, and even the book she found.

"Can I ask you something?" Patricia suddenly said.

"Yeah, sure." He said, holding her hand.

"Have you two...you know, kissed or something?" Patricia asked.

Eddie was at loss for words. Would he loose Patricia if he answered that honestly or if she found out later?

"You can tell me." She added.

"Y-yes." Eddie put his head down in shame.

"And did you feel something?" She asked further.

"I thought it did. Believe me I felt so guilty, but she is in love with Fabian and I'm in love with you." He looked into her eyes. "I think it's just our bond that made it feel so powerful. Because believe me, Patricia, I haven't had feelings for her until we found her and I was so relieved. I mean, when she didn't come back last year, I was upset and worried about her, but I wasn't Fabian crazy about her." Eddie chuckled. "I love you, Patricia, and I'm so sorry."

For some reason she smiled, "I love you too stupid. And I forgive you."

Eddie smiled so brightly because a burden has been lifted off his shoulders. He looked deeply into her eyes, touched her cheek with his thumb, and kissed her passionately on the lips.

~~~

Later that evening, Jerome was walking back to Anubis House, when suddenly someone or something pulled him around the corner and into the darkness.
There's only a couple of people who it could be, and of course it was Victor. He told him everything that happened the night before– how Eddie captured Nina, and then she used her powers against him, and then how somehow Fabian got away.

Victor was not happy at all, and told Jerome to make a direct approach and make the Sibuna members think he is on their side, and then take Nina when no one else was looking.

So later that night, he knocked on Eddie and Fabian's door and no one answered. Instead, he went in for the direct approach and of course everyone was bombarded.

"Jerome! What are you doing?" Fabian shouted.

"Where is she?" Jerome ignored. "Nina!"

Eddie shut the door and told Jerome to keep it down. "What are you talking about?" He pretended like he had no clue.

"Nina, I know you are in here." Jerome ignored once more.

"Jerome!! Get out!!" Fabian shouted again, getting angry.

And again he ignored them, "Nina, you know I won't hurt you."

"That's it!" Fabian said annoyed and tried to shove him out of the room.

"No! You have to listen to me. Nina is in danger!" Jerome told them. "I'm the only one who can help her."

"We don't believe that bull." Patricia scoffed.

"He isn't going to stop until he gets what he wants. She knows I won't hurt her so please, just let me help her!" Jerome pushed back.

"No Jerome, now get out!" Fabian pushed once more.

"No, Fabian." Nina said coming out of the closet. "It's okay."

To be continued...