•Chapter 7•

That next afternoon, Eddie called a mandatory Sibuna meeting, too tell everyone about what happened the day before.
They met upstairs in Amber and Patricia's room.

"So, me and Alfie have something to share with you guys and you might not like it." Eddie started off. Everyone shook their heads, agreeing as to what he was about to say. "Alfie take it away!" He said for Alfie to speak.

Alfie groaned. "Ugh. Alright fine." He sighed before continuing. "Yesterday evening, me and Willow were out by the clearing talking, and we heard a scream." He stopped.

"A scream?" Amber questioned.

"Yes, but it wasn't just a random scream, it sounded like Nina. Especially when she screamed 'HELP' " Alfie verbally said.

Fabian stood to his feet with anger written all over his face.
"Okay I've had enough! You, Patricia, and Eddie stop lieing! Stop excluding us from things! We are a team not enemies. I'm sick and tiered of you all keeping secrets." He shouted. "And you!" He pointe at Eddie, "Why did you not search for her! Why didn't you go looking for her-"

"I did." Eddie defended.

"Not like I would of! But now she might be dead because.of.you." Fabian said his final words and left the room and slammed the door shut.

"Well that went well." Alfie smiled big. Amber glared at him along with Patricia.

"So apart from Fabian, What are we gonna do?" KT suddenly asked.

"I say some of us go further into the clearing to see if we can find anything." Eddie suggested.

"Should we include Fabian?" Amber asked.

"I will have a word with him." Eddie sighed. "I swear when it comes to him and Nina it's like impossible to separate them." He growled and walked out the door.

~~~~
Joy and Mara were upstairs in their room talking and catching up on some homework.

"So are you okay?" Joy asked.

Mara looked up from her book. "I don't even know." She sighed.

"Look, I know he forgot, but it's really okay. Some guys are forgetful." Joy said.

"I know. And it's not that necessarily." Mara looked back down at her book.

"Then what?" Joy asked. "Is he seeing someone else?"

"Mind as well be..." Mara muttered.

"Mara," Joy got up from her bed to go sit by Mara. "What's going on?"

"Well, I think he missed our date for another Sibuna meeting." She finally said.

"Well how is he seeing someone then?" Joy asked confused.

"Because he mentioned something about Nina to me the other day. And one of the meetings were about her." She explained.

"That's it?" Joy asked.

"He said he's over her," Mara sighed. "But I know when he looks at me, it's not me he's looking at. It's like I'm a different person to him. And I have an idea has to whom it could be." Mara explained further.

"Mara, I am so sorry." Joy hugged her best friend. Mara laid her face in Joy's chest and sobbed; but not a hard sob, the kind that was light and tender. The kind where she didn't care what happened anymore. "It will be okay." Joy comforted.

"I don't think we are right for each other anymore." Mara raised her head up and wiped away her tears. "I can't make him love me, if he doesn't."

"No no, I'm sure he does love you-"

"But not the way he loved Nina. You remember. The looks he gave her, he doesn't look at me that way." Mara continued. "I just don't want him to be with me to get over her, because that's not how it works."

"I understand. It took me a WHILE to get over Fabian." Joy laughed. "I mean I went to the extremes." She grinned.

Mara laughed lightly.

~~~~

Amber went downstairs after the Sibuna meeting, to help Trudy set the table.

"Trudy! May I lay everything out for you?" She asked.

"Oh dear, Willow is already doing that, but you can help her if you'd like." Trudy smiled.

Amber walked into the dinning room and saw Willow setting out plates. "Here let me help you." Amber came over and grabbed the silver wear and laid it out.

"Oh, thanks." She said without her unusual grin.

"Everything okay?" Amber asked while laying a fork down.

"Haha yeah." She smiled and looked down at the plates, then back at Amber. "So what do you think of Alfie?" Willow continued with putting glasses down.

"What do you mean?" Amber ignored.

"Well, I know you have feelings for him, and I'm here to say it's alright." Willow lightly laughed. "We have decided to stay friends."

"Why?" Amber put down everything she was holding to pay more attention.

"Because, he still have some unfinished business with you." Willow said.

"Me?" Amber asked. "He started dating you after I left." She giggled.

"Well, I guess he wasn't over you." She said.

Amber had no words to speak. Why would Alfie do this to Willow?

Willow grabbed Amber's hand and said, "I want you to be with him. It's okay if you do, because I want to be your friend, not your enemy." Willow smiled and walked past her to her room upstairs.

"What just happened?" Amber asked herself.

~~~~

Before super, Eddie went to check on Fabian. He was on his bed, covered up, with the lights off.

"Fabian?" Eddie called. He turned on the lights and uncovered him. "What are you doing?"

Fabian moaned. "Go away."

"No. Because as your best mate, it's my job to annoy you." Eddie chuckled.
Fabian rose up and straightened his posture.

"Yeah and best mates also tell everything to each other wouldn't you say?" He retaliated.

Eddie sighed. "Look I'm sorry for not telling you. But I promise no more secrets okay?"

"How do I know that I can trust you?" Fabian questioned.

"Because we have decided to go looking further into the woods, and I want you to come with me." Eddie grinned.

"Just me and you?" He asked.

"Yes." Eddie smirked. Fabian gave a light grin and they gave each other a bro hug.

•                •              •               •               •              

Hey guys! I know this may seem short or y'all may not like it but y'all deserved a chapter and also the video up at the top, yeah I made that specifically for this chapter!!🙂 I've been making these actually and you can look them up on YouTube under "Kaci Overton" and yeah those are my videos. Some of them are dumb and/or bad but yeah I'm trying to fix the video graphic part of it.

But anyways I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Let me know what you think and I'll try and update soon. Until then, Sibuna✋🏼