•Chapter 14•

Downstairs was the rest of the house, eating dinner that Trudy had made for them. The Sibuna gang are frantically eating, especially Fabian.

"Fabian, stop eating so fast. I don't want my love to get a tummy ache." Mara smiled.

He calmed down a bit. "Sorry. Just really hungry."

"You sure about that dude? Your eating as if you need to get somewhere. Like to see someone." Jerome questioned.

"Nope. Just hungry. " Fabian said shortly.

"Hey guys." Eddie came in and sat down.

"Everything okay, Eddie?" Patricia asked concerned.

"Everything is perfectly fine." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

A few moments later, Fabian finished his dinner and went into the kitchen to find something for Nina. He grabbed two water bottles, apples, and a to go box of left overs from dinner. He stuck it all in his bag and brought it up the stairs to Nina.

"So how is Fabes doing, Mara?" Jerome asked. "Seems distracted."

"He's fine. I think that he has a lot of tests and things to study for." She answered.

He smirked. "Then why did he just go upstairs?"

She honestly didn't know what to say other than, "Mind your own business." She finished her dinner and went to check on Fabian.

~~~

Fabian walked into Amber's room and gave Nina her food and watched as she ate. For someone who hasn't eaten a lot in 2 years, she was having a lot of manners.

"Thank you." She smiled. "You know, Amber is going to get you if you don't quit being so sweet to me."

"Why wouldn't I be so sweet to you? You've been through so much and you know that I've always been here for you. Either as your best friend or boy," he cleared his throat. "Boyfriend."

"Fabian..." she wanted to say something but he wouldn't let her.

"We will have time to talk later." He laid his hand on her shoulder. "Now, eat."
She smiled like an idiot.

Then, there was a knock on the door.
"Fabian?" Mara called.

Fabian looked over at Nina and hid her quickly in the wardrobe so Mara wouldn't see her. He hid the food and water under the bed, also, so she wouldn't get suspicious.

"Uh, umm, come in." He stood to his feet, pretending as though nothing was going on.

Mara opened the door and looked around the room and then at him. "What is going on? Why are you up here and not in your own room?" She questioned.

"Amber said she needed to talk to me." He said.

"About?" Mara asked.

"About," Fabian was starting to panic! So he went with the first thing he could think of.  "Her and Alfie. She needs advice."

"Well why wouldn't she talk to Patricia or KT?" Mara asked. "I mean I know how much Nina hurt you but Alfie didn't hurt her that bad did he?"

"No, I don't believe-"

"Yeah, cause you were hurt extremely bad. I know you wanted to KILL Eddie." Mara continued.

"Mara, its in the past alright?" He stopped her.

She stared at him in confusion. "Are you okay, Fabian?"

"Mara, you know I am-"

"No, are we okay?" She asked, coming a bit closer. "We never see each other anymore. I miss you. I miss us." She came further to him. "I miss being wrapped in your arms and feeling the warmed of your jacket on my back because I forgot mine."

"Mara, please-"

"No. I love you, Fabian." She laid her hand on his cheek. "Do you love me, Fabian?"

"You already know the answer to that-" Fabian said.

"Do you loved me, Fabian?" She asked, with more power in her voice.

"Yes, you know I do." He finally said. This made Nina's heart sadden as she heard of everything that was going on.

"Then kiss me." Mara said.

"What?" Fabian looked into her eyes and asked.

"Kiss me." She compelled.

Fabian leaned in closer so that his lips would touch Mara's. So that they would share a kiss that they have had many times before.
But he couldn't kiss her. He couldn't kiss someone that he no longer loved in that kind of way.
Yes, Fabian did in fact love her, but not the way he could ever love Nina.

"I can't." He pulled away.

"What? She asked, hurt in her voice.

"Mara, thank you. Thank you for being here for me and helping me get over the pain of missing Nina. You have been the best thing since I found out that she left. You have made my life worth something again. But the truth is, I'm still not over her. I love her more than words could ever describe to you. It's like, if she could hear this, that maybe, just maybe, I could beg her to stay. If she could have just come back last year, even if it was for 30 seconds, I would have begged her to stay. But Mara, I don't think that I could be with someone that I don't truly love. That I can't give my all to. I just wanted you to know the truth." Fabian finally said.

When he said this, everyone in the room was crying. Especially Nina.

"Wow." Mara said. "Guess you saying you can't loose me was a lie too. Goodbye, Fabian."

"Mara wait-"

She then slammed the door in his face.

He sat on the bed. The bed that used to be Nina's, and started to sob. He knew that, that had to happen sooner or later. That the truth needed to come out soon. But that's not how he wanted things to go. He didn't want her to hate him.

Nina came out of the closet and looked at Fabian with his head in his hands, crying.
She sat down beside him and wrapped her arm around his shoulder.

He looked up at her and she wiped away his tears and told him it was okay.  He laid his head on her chest and she brushed her fingers through his hair.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about me and her." He finally spoke.

"Fabian, I asked you to move on in that letter. I knew that someone so handsome as you would find someone else. I'm just so sorry that I left you like that." She started to cry again. "I never wanted to hurt you."

"I know you didn't. I just can't get over you, Nina. You were my first love, and my first kiss. And I wanted you to be my last." He kept sobbing. "I never wanted to hurt her."

"I know you didn't. But you were right, you don't need to keep leading her on if you don't love her." She tried to comfort.

He looked over at her, and looked at her straight in the eyes, "Your right. Because I love you, Nina. And I've never stopped."

Nina shed a couple of tears, "I love you too, Fabian." He wiped away her tears quickly, and gave her the greatest hug that anyone could give.

~~~
So that's that chapter.
Am I forgiven from the last chapter? lol.
Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed that. I literally stayed up all night writing this because I felt like I should. I shouldn't of just kept putting it off and I'm so sorry I did! I'm so bad at this because I'm a dern senior in high school and it just makes everything hard to do.
I will try to work on it and I hope you all understand.
The next chapter will be about Nina, and where she has been, and what happened basically.  But leave your comments down below after this chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it. But like I always say after every chapter...
Sibuna✋🏼