•Chapter 21•

Author's POV

"Let me go!" Fabian shouted, but all he heard was the sound of a car door slamming shut.
"James! Let me out!" But still no answer.

Yes, James lured Fabian out into the night to be captured and taken away. Somewhere where no one will ever find him. Fabian kept screaming and banging his fist all around him. Did they know where Nina was in the house? What in the world was going on?! But Fabian knew one thing and that was for Nina to run for her life...

~~~

When James returned to Anubis house, he began his search, starting in Fabian's room. Fortunately Nina was no where to be found, so he went upstairs to check next.

Little did he know that Nina was in the kitchen, unlocking the secret passage way to the cellar.

"I know you are in this house Nina!" She heard James exclaim as she passed through the passage way door and shut it close behind her.

She then made her way through the cellar, putting in the code for the Frobisher study.
She went through the book case, hopped across the hopscotch course, balanced her way through the chasm, and ran all the way to the mask chamber.

She took out her phone to call Eddie, but she didn't have any service down there.
"Stupid phone!" She whisper screamed.

"What was that I hear?" Someone said behind her and she quickly turned around, struck with fear...

~~~

At the party Eddie had been eyeing Jerome all night. He noticed how he was always on his phone, going outside, and didn't even dance with Joy that much.
So the next time Jerome had to "step out" of the house, he followed him outside to the gravel.

"Who are you texting?" Eddies asked, as he noticed he was glued to his phone, punching his fingers frantically on the touchscreen.

"Oh, just someone named none of your business." Jerome snickered.

"Oh I'm not familiar with that person. Does he go to our school?" Eddie chuckled.

Jerome sarcastically laughed, "You think your funny don't you?" Eddie agreed. "Well you aren't, now scram!"

"You know it's impolite to leave your girl hanging. Who is more important than Joy?" Eddie retaliated.

Jerome turned off his phone and walked straight up to Eddie to get into his face. "Look, Miller... Sweetie, whoever you are!–You meddle out of my business. In fact, yes it is more important than Joy because I'm protecting her and my sister."

"From who?" Eddie asked.

"It's none of your concern! Now leave!" Jerome yelled.

"I can help you, Jerome. We're mates." Eddie extended his hand for him to take.

But Jerome shook his head, "I've done terrible things–things that not even Joy knows about."

"I can help you Jerome, just let me-"

"No! I don't want your help!" And with that Jerome walked back inside the house leaving Eddie all alone, that was until Eddie got a video chat request from Nina.

He accepted it and when he opened up his phone he was drawn into a whole different kind of world. Nina was holding her her phone out beside her, at least it seems like. She was talking to someone down in the mask chamber. Eddie couldn't quite make out the voice until he saw who it was for himself...Victor. He looked rough. Older and beaten down. Eddie tried to listen to what was going on, staying silent as possible.

"Victor..." she couldn't find the words to explain.

"You are coming with me!" He demanded.

"No! You have what you wanted, now leave me alone." She said back.

"Come with me, or Fabian dies!" He demanded once more. Nina looked shocked...this was a set up. "Yes, that's right. We kidnapped him hoping to lure you here."

"What have you done with him!?" She exclaimed.

"Enough questions! As soon as we get you to some other place to keep you, we will let him go. But only if you do as I say." Victor briefly explained.

"Then will you leave my friends alone? For good?" She asked. "Will you leave Eddie out of this?"

"We will see." He said with his patience running out.

"Give me your word!" She challenged.

"Fine! I give you my word!" He exclaimed. "Now let's be going."

As all this was going occurring on Eddies phone he was running to Anubis House, hoping to catch Nina and Victor in time. But then he thought, are they going to come out through the library or the cellar?

He tried the library, hoping that it was he wise decision and it was. When he entered the room, Victor and Nina had just crawled through the entrance to the library and were to their feet.

"Victor!" Eddie screamed. "Let her go!"

"What on earth?" He said confused and turned to Nina. "Get out of my way boy!"

"No, you let her go now! What more could you want with her?"

"This is none of your concern Edison! Now get out of my way! Now!" Victor yelled again.

"I know everything, I know what you did with her. I know why you wanted me to give up my orsirian powers on the touchstone, because you knew she was nearby. You knew that once my powers were gone they would come to her and she would be more powerful than ever." Eddie continued on.

"Listen here boy," Victor got into his face, "You will never see Fabian again if you don't step out of my way, I will get her one way or another. Even if I have to kill Fabian myself to get your attention."

"No!!" Nina screamed with tears running down her face. She felt something rise up in her, like a beam of energy rushing through her veins. When she touched Victor with her hands, she caused him to black out, which made him fall to the ground.

"What just happened?" Eddie asked, very confused.

"I don't know, and who cares! Let's get out of here." And with that she took Eddies hand and he ran away with her in the night.

••••••••••••••••••••
Hey everyone! So sorry about not updating. I'm sure I've said this before but I'll say it again...I'm a senior in high school {well...was} and I just graduated lol. So now I am officially a college student! 🤣 I'm super excited but I'm really sorry I wasn't able to update for a while. I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter and make sure to let me know how you liked it.
Also, thanks to you all for your sweet and supportive comments! They really are a blessing to me and help my confidence with this book.
I will see you all in the next chapter!
Sibuna🤚🏼