•Chapter 16•

That next morning, James met up with Victor and Jerome just a couple yards away from
Anubis House. James had explained to both of them how Nina had escaped from the shack.

"I gave you one instruction, Fremont! And look! Look what happened!" Victor yelled.

"I promise, I will find her!" He exclaimed.

"For your sake you better." He scuffled. "Clark, do you have any information?"  He then turned to Jerome.

"No sir. They have been very quiet since they found out about Nina being here. I think they think she is dead." He explained.

"Good. It needs to stay that way." Victor said. "Now as for you," he turned to James, "I want a search party going out today!! And if we don't find her, well I guess someone will be loosing their life." Victor smirked and then vanished from the clearing.

"He is a really scary man." Jerome commented to James.

"Indeed." James responded. They started walking back to the house.

"So, what happens when Nina find out about...well you know?" Jerome asked.

James stopped in his place, "She won't ever find out. Not after everything I have done to her."

"But your her-"

"Shhh." James put his finger over Jerome's lips. "The idea is for her to hate me. If she finds out who I really am, then it will drive her to insanity."

"I guess so. How are we to find her?" Jerome asked.

"We start with Anubis house of course." James smirked and walked inside.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After everyone left the house, Fabian sneaked Nina down to the cellar to put her in a safer spot. They went through the Frobisher study and through all the tunnels until they reached the Anubis mask chamber. Nina then stopped to take in all the memories, she even had a flash backs right before her eyes, of her falling into the deep, dark pit and how everyone reacted.

"Remember when I fell in the hold while trying to get the mask?" Nina asked Fabian.

"Yeah, I do." He said. "I cried for two days."

"You did?" Nina turned around to face him.

"Yeah. I was so heart broken because I thought you were dead. And even after that, when you put on the mask I thought I was loosing you again." He explained.

"Then I tried to kill you." Nina giggled a bit.

"Yeahh, that wasn't fun." He laughed with her.

"I mean, I guess I could just stay here for the time being?" Nina said.

"Well, we had something else in mind." He started walking out of the room. "Come on."
She followed right behind him.

He led her to a different tunnel. One that led to the crept.

"Where does it lead?" She asked.

"It leads to Frobisher's fake grave sight." He opened the tiny door and they climbed through. "We figured you could stay in here. The door is right over there and I'll give you the key for it."
He said and then pulled out KT's key. "If you hear anyone just climb back the way you came through alright? We will check on you every so often and message you if something is up."

"Message?" She asked confused. "I don't have a phone."

He handed her an old black Berry phone, "This is kind of like a burner phone. All of Sibuna is on there, me and Eddie are on speed dial."

She looked at the phone observably. There wasn't a password and the background picture was of a rainbow rose dripping water. "I don't know what to say." She said. "Thank you, Fabian. I appreciate everything your doing for me."

His face brightened, "Its no problem." He brought in some blankets and food and sat them down in the corner away from the door.
"You don't mind sleeping here right? It's just for a little while until we can get some help."

"Not at all." She smiled. "I won't be sleeping alone every night will I?" She asked.

"No, no. Everyone will take turns unless you don't want anyone down here with you." He said.

"Yes of course I do! I don't want to risk someone finding me." Her eyes widened.
"Who is staying with me tonight?" She wondered.

"Anyone you would like." He smiled.

"Well, I have someone in mind." She smiled so brightly and took her hand in his.

"And who would that be?" He asked, grabbing her hand.

"You." She finally said. Fabians cheeks got so read, it made hell look like a frozen ice land. They were about to lean in for a kiss when Fabians phone rang.
It was Eddie.

"Really Eddie?" Nina thought.

Eddie was telling Jerome about how there was a search party in Anubis house. Apparently James had "lost" something and was in need to find it.

"What's wrong?" Nina asked as to why Fabian was panicking everywhere.

"So, James is having a search through the house and is doing a head count in 10 minutes. I have to go." He held her hand. She was really worried he would find her. "Keep your phone with you and text me if something happens over here. As soon as it is over I will be back to check on you, okay?" He laid his hand on her cheek.

Nina shook her head, agreeing.

"I'll be back." He said after hugging her and going back through the tunnels to the library.

••••
Hey guys! Just a little update because I didn't have much time to write this week. I hope you all enjoyed and I will try to update soon. See you in the next chapter.
Sibuna✋🏼