Chapter Twenty One🌻

The music was so loud you could barely hear yourself think. I look around Kylie's living room to people dancing, drinking, or making out. It feels as if we've been here forever. It's not even been two hours yet.

There has been no sign of Cameron yet, which is weird. Where else could he even be? I try not to think about it but it seems to always be in the back of my mind. I sip a little from my drink. I've been doing so good at pretending to be drinking. I'm just not in the mood tonight.

Lena, however, is having the time of her life. Every time I look over at her she's laughing or dancing. My phone buzzes in my pocket and breaks through my train of thought.

Cameron:
I can't wait to see you. I hope you feel the same way. I'll be there in a few. I just want you to know how much I care about you. You're perfect to me. I wish you would answer me back at least...

Cameron:
I think I have fallen in -

Cami:
??

Cami:
What did you fall into?

My heart is beating so fast. I keep reading his messages over and over. Why did he have to be so sweet? Why do I love him? Damn It! I didn't mean love. I didn't mean love. Don't be stupid Cami. He's not the type of guy who does relationships. But he could be, right? NO!

As I'm having an argument with my own head, someone comes up behind me and squeezes me. It take less than a second for me to know that it's Cameron.

"Hey beautiful." His eyes are shiny, his smile is perfect.

"Hey..." I try to play it cool, u try not to seem obsessed. I'm trying not to look like I'm in love with him... because I'm not.

"I missed you, why haven't you talked to me?" Cameron's voice when he's with me is soft and gentle. It makes you want to be closer to him than what you already are. He bends down and kisses my forehead and that's when I knew it. I love him.

"I missed you. I just got so aggravated with you -"

"Aggravated? Why was you aggravated with me?" He looks sincerely confused and a part of me wonders if he even knows what he did.

"It's nothing, just something stupid. Let's just drop ok? Because now, you're with me, and that's all I care about." I can't believe I said that. It came out before I realized it. I so love him.

Cameron smiles and looks into my eyes, "You're amazing." He pulls me closer to him and our noses are touching.

"Cami, I don't know how to say this at all... It's not really something I say a lot. But it's how I feel and I think you should know."

I can feel my eyes scrunch in confusion, "just say whatever it is then..."

"I love you, Cami. I know, it may sound crazy but it's true. I haven't felt this way in a long time, hell, the way you make me feel, I've never felt that. You're so important to me now. I couldn't imagine not being with you now."

I can't breathe. I'm pretty sure my mouth is hanging open and my hands are shaking. I'm at a lost for words, or breath for that matter.

"Cami? Are you ok?"

"I love you." I can feel my eyes begin to water for whatever reason. I love him!

His face is beaming, he's smiling so big as if he just won the lottery, and it makes me melt all over again.

"And you're sure you love me?" He asks like it's the most important question of his life. My head is saying are you stupid!? Of course I'm sure!

"I'm one hundred percent positive."

"Let's go to my room..." Without giving me time to answer he has already taken my hand and is leading me to his room. I've been to Kylie's a hundred times, but I've never actually seen Cameron's room. I've seen a glimpse when the door was left opened once, but that's about it.

When we get into his room, he's quick to turn on a lamp. He's room is a complete disaster. There is clothes everywhere! I'm not sure of there clean or dirty. There is a table that looks like it's whole purpose is to hold dirty dishes, water bottles, beer cans, and fast food bags. It smells like beer. The whole room smells like beer. I don't know why this surprises me at all.

"I don't bring people in here at all..." Cameron starts but I'm quick to cut him off.

"Yeah, I can see why you don't." I try to make my face remain normal but I know it's showing a disgust look.

"Come on Cami, don't be a goody goody!" He says this as he falls backwards on his bed with his arms stretched out for me to come over to him.

Oh god. It's gross in here.

I walk slowly over to him and give him a fake smile. It's amazing how a dirty room can kill a good mood.

He grabs me when I get close enough and pulls me next to him on the bed, "So, beautiful, what are you thinking about?"

"Honestly? I'm thinking how could one person possibly be so messy..."

"Forget about the damn room, Cami. I tell you I love you and you're worried about if my room is messy? That's messed up." He sounds hurt, but I mean, give me a break here. This is the worst room I've ever seen in my life. It's very

"I'm sorry. Besides the room, I'm thinking about how cute you are, and how I love you."

"Tonight changes everything, beautiful." He says this while looking into my eyes, completely serious.

"What do you mean? What changes?"

"Everything. Our relationship has grew, it's a huge step if you think about it..."

I grew silent. I'm still not sure how much changes was going to happen. He said everything, but everything can't just change because we now love each other can it?

"I'll be right back, I have to pee." I get up and quickly walk into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I look at myself in the mirror, how different I look now. How things have changed already.

I pull a small bag of sunflower seeds from my pocket and quietly nibble on them alone.

I don't think I'm good with so many changes all at once.