Chapter Fourteen🌻

Pizza rolls. I woke up starving. I wanted nothing more than a big, greasy, and cheap pizza roll from the gas station down the road. I wanted food. I turned over and Lena was still by my side asleep. It had to be the first night since we've started talking that I hadn't slept next to Cameron.

I hear noises and laughter coming from the living room. Who the hell is awake and laughing right now?

I stretched long enough to wake my legs up, and head into the living room. I see Taylor first, sitting on the couch giggling. Then Cameron, sitting in the recliner. I turn to notice Lena behind me rubbing her eyes.

"Hey baby, your gorgeous!" Cameron says, hopping out of his chair to squeeze me and to plant a big kiss on my lips. My stomach turns, I can feel my face grow red hot.

He rubs my face gently. I scrunch my eyes, what the hell? I look and at Lena who looks just as confused as me, Taylor however, has an unreadable expression on her face.

"Uhm...Cameron?" I asked, making my confusion noticeable. I back away from him so that I'm now out of his reach.

"Yeah, babe?" He replied back with the softest tone. My eyes are probably popping out of my head in confusion. I wanted to smack his face, or poke his eye, or something hurtful!

"What the hell was that, what the hell was last night...what the hell is your problem?" Anger filled me so fast, I'm not even sure how I was able to speak. I didn't want to see him. I didn't want him here, probably ever again.

"You're upset with me, can we talk alone, please?" His face dropped instantly. He looked sad and confused

We walk outside and he immediately lights a cigarette. "Go ahead, get it out of your system now..." He replied, blowing out smoke, with no readable expression on his face.

"What was last night about? What was that about just then? What's going on with you?" I looked at him once for a second, I didn't want to break this soon.

"Damn Cami, your beautiful, that's what this is about, you drive me crazy!" He took another drag, looking like a sad and lost puppy.

"You don't understand, I'm a man, you get me horny as hell, and no, it's not your fault, but I don't know, I took it out in you last night." He finished he cigarette and threw it out. He waited for me to say something I think, but I'm at a loss for words. I guess I should have expected something like this, but I didn't. Not at all.

"It was stupid of me to say anything like to upset you like I did. I should just be glad that you're actually talking to me now, because I'm so glad you're actually giving me a chance." Cameron rubbed his head, giving me a small smile. He's adorable sometimes. I don't want him to be adorable though, because he's stupid!

After hearing this, I lit a cigarette too. "It's kind of weird though, you've never been here when I wake up in the mornings. But now, here you are, laughing and joking with Taylor, bright and early. What, you didn't have no where to be for once?"
I surprised myself. The words came out it seemed before I even realized it. Hearing myself say these words, made sense to me, but also made me angry with Cameron. More than what I was already.

One morning after another, I'd usually wake up alone. The spot Cameron had been in, cold from nobody laying there anymore. I wanted one time to wake up beside him. I wanted him to at least tell me what it was he had to do, but he still never has. Seeing that he was here this early, I think he stayed here, it made my blood start boiling.

Cameron shook his head slightly. Almost like he was debating on what he should say next, or thinking of what to say next. "Listen, Cami, I like you, a lot. I couldn't leave knowing I upset you. If I left then I would have been thinking all day if you was going to speak to me again." Cameron was looking away, he looked hurt and almost broken down. I didn't know what to do next at all, I just needed away from him a little bit. I wanted to talk to Lena.

"You know what, it's fine, whatever right? I should go shower though, maybe I'll see you tonight?" I blurted out quickly, ready to go inside. Maybe we both just got to dramatic last night. I kissed his cheek and smile. "I'll see you tonight, beautiful." Cameron smiled back at me, he was so cute. Ugh!

When I go inside, Taylor is grabbing her phone charger and jacket. "Where are you going so early?" I asked confused, if Taylor left at all, it was never early. Unless she's pissed someone off.
"Mom wants me to babysit the little sis, I might be back tonight, I'm not sure yet. But, my mom is picking me up, and she don't want to wait so I'm going to wait outside. I'll text you guys later! Taylor walked out without looking back, and before I could even say bye.

"People are weird today. I say we just chill by ourselves tonight, watch movies, do whatever." Lena said from the kitchen table, drinking a glass of orange juice. "I couldn't agree with you more." I told her with pure relief.

Later

It was about one in the morning, Lena and I had spent the day in our pj's with junk food while watching all the Harry Potter movies. We was on the 5th movie, my favorite, but Lena was busy on her phone.

"Who are you even texting?" I asked glancing at my own phone. Cameron had been texting me all day, wanting to see me. He was disappointed when I told him it was Harry Potter night.

"Taylor. She said she had something to tell me, but whatever it is she's dragging it out." Lena told me, sounding annoyed.
"Oh my god. Pause the TV. Hurry." Lena said, talking fast and sitting up on the bed, instead of her laying position.
"What the heck is the big deal?" I asked, not really in the mood for Taylor's drama, whatever it was.

"Oh my god. You're going to freak." Lena said, her mouth opened, surprised.

"Let me see." I grabbed her phone to start reading the messages. I instantly wished I hadn't.

From Taylor:
I have to tell you something. But, I don't want you or Cami to hate me. I wish I could only tell you, but I know you, and you will tell Cami. I don't know how to say this, or why I'm saying this...

From Lena:
Just say it hoe.

From Taylor:
I love you both. You and Cami are my best friends, my ride or dies. I don't want what I have to tell you change anything about our friendship.

From Lena:
Omg. I'll kill you, stop dragging it out, just tell me already.

From Taylor:
I slept with Cameron last night.

Author's Note:

How many of you seen that coming?