Chapter Nine🌻

That night we was drinking, again. My mom calls us acholics, but we had graduated a few months ago, and at least we were still going to college. We're just being young while we can be.

It was close to 12 in the morning, I haven't heard from Cameron since he said he couldn't wait to see my smile. I thought he would be coming over right after work, now it looks like he's not coming at all. It upsets me, he had me so excited to see him, I thought he was excited to see me. I thought he was going to be over straight after he got off work. Nope.

I'm already feeling drunk, but I can't stop drinking. Lena and Taylor are playing a drinking game, while I'm pretending to be busy on my phone. I'm a total buzz kill right now. I keep thinking about how Cameron should have been here hours ago.

"Your being a bitch, Cami!" Lena slurred/yelled to me, it was random, so it made me jump in my seat a little.

"How's that?" I asked her downing the rest of my drink and tossing it. It was actually a night I felt like drinking my weight in alcohol, but yet, I wasn't in a good mood.

Lena immediately walked to the fridge and got me another, "I know your upset with Cameron, but he's my cousin, and I know him better than anyone I think...well maybe not better than Kylie knows him...but still." She said, reaching me the drink. I took a drink, not knowing if she was trying to make me feel better or worse.

"Okay...what's that suppose to mean?" I scrunched up my face in confusion, waiting for her slurred response.

"Its just that sometimes, the dude can be flaky...that's all, and you've been around him for years, you should know that by now." Lena looked at me, with what seems to be a concerned look.

Thinking about it what she said made sense. I thought back to when we was juniors in high school and we would hear Cameron telling Kylie about some girl he was supposed to met up with but bailed on her. Is that girl me now? I thought back to hearing about his different flings over the years, it made me anxious. Am I just a fling now? If Lena was trying to lighten my mood, she didn't. She made me think more.

Before I could put anymore thought into, the front door swings open, and Cameron comes stumbling in, complely wasted.

Everyone stares at him in shock and confusion. "How did you get here?" Lena asked, I knew she was panicking about how drunk he is, and rather or not he had actually drove himself.

"Uhhh...my car Lennie..what do you think?" Cameron told her. His words came out slow, and more slurred than I've ever heard anyone's that had been drinking.

"You drove?" Both Lena and Taylor said at the same time, I was wondering who was going to bitch him out first.

"No...Kylie brought me...in my car..." He told us giggling like it was the best joke ever. It sounded like something a little kid would say, while they played a joke on their parents.

"So where's Kylie?" Lena asked, still completely confused.

"Outside smoking, she said your brother would flip if he caught her smoking in the house." Cameron said swaying to the fridge, pulling out a beer.

He hasn't even looked at me...
I've waited all damn day to see this drunk mess, but yet, he can't even make eye contact with me?

"Haven't you had enough yet, dumbass?" Lena rolled her eyes, he got on her nerves sometimes when he was this drunk.

"What, I'm not even started yet." He laughed again. I feel like punching him in the face. I down my drink and quickly grab another before walking toward the door.

"Now where the hell are you going?" Lena asked, scratching her head.

"I think I'll go smoke a ciggerette with Kylie." I said calmly, not really making eye contact with anyone.

"You don't even smoke, you dumb bitch!" Lena said with a smirk, she was right though. I didn't smoke, it usually made me cough my brains out.

"I think I'll start now..." I said lastly before walking out the door. What the heck, maybe it will take some stress off. Why the heck am I so stressed?

I go outside to find Kylie sitting in one of the lawn chairs on the porch, she's dazing off, seems to be thinking about something.
Without making conversation, I sit beside her, grab a cigarette and a lighter and start smoking. I also start coughing...but, that's beside the point.

"You know, Cameron just about drove me crazy bringing him here tonight...he can be so annoying sometimes...but he said it was important that he came here." Kylie spoke, I guess to me, because there isn't anyone else around. She was still staring off.

"Oh..." The only thing I could think to say. I didn't care anymore. Cameron acted happy and excited to see me today, he made me excited, but now it's one in the morning. The day was over, and he hasn't even looked at me.

"He's never made it a point to make sure that he's anywhere, he never freaks out about getting to a place, especially Lena's." Kylie said, seeming confused, and still staring off.

"So why is he completly wasted if he had to be somewhere, he freaked out because he's to damn drunk now to drive himself." I spat out angrily, coughing again.

Kylie finally turns to look at me and she's smiling a little bit. "He's been at my house since he got off work today, he started drinking early kind of, he seemed nervous about something..." Her eyes were sparkling and her grin was growing, "I think Cameron likes you..."

I felt my face grow hot. I wondered immediately if he said anything about me to Kylie, but I didn't want to seem like I was desperate, or that I even cared.

"Why do you think that?" I simply asked her, trying to act cool and careless.

"Besides being nervous as hell today, he's been happy... I caught him actually humming earlier, Cameron doesn't hum." She flipped her cigarette out in the yard and handed me a new one. "Your going to need another one, with all that going on in your head." She smiled and walked up to the door.

"Get the hell off that table Taylor, I'll murder you!" Kylie screams before slamming the door and leaving me alone. I laughed, wise and helpful Kylie gone, the real Kylie is here.

I light the other cigarette, and I hear the door open again...it's Cameron.

"There you are, beautiful." He says shutting the door, staring at me with his contagious smile, I had to smile back. I didn't want to, but when he smiles, it's almost like you have to smile back.

Cameron comes over and rubs my cheek,"Now, that's the smile I've been waiting all day to see."

"What took you so long?" I was happy again. Just seeing that smile, hearing his voice, and that laugh. Maybe, Kylie was right. Maybe Cameron took so long today because he was nervous. She did say that he was happy today to, but nervous? The thought of Cameron Michaels being nervous over any girl, especially me, it seemed like a crazy dream. I've never seen him nervous over anything at all. Plus, there's that whole perverted side of him that made me think him being nervous was impossible.

Anyway, I'm just very glad he's here with me now.

Damn you, Cameron Michaels, why do you have to be so cute?

Author's Note:
What do you think of this chapter?!

Who would have thought Kylie say something nice...and a serious conversation?