Chapter 19 - Moving On

Three years have passed. BTS continued to soar and became famous. I'm halfway through my studies and went back home for a vacation.

"One Caramel Machiato, please." I said smiling to the cashier. Why did I agree to meet him at the airport? Someone would probably recognized him.

"Can you make the coffee to go? I can't really stay here that long ." A familiar voice whispered in my ear.

"Taehyungieeeeee! I missed you!" I hugged him. He shushed me and smile. We got to my car.

We didn't lose contact. He was the only one who knew what happened between us. He didn't try to pry. We mostly communicated via kakao. He tries not to bring the subject back and just talk about their career and ask about my study. The rest, I couldn't say the same.

Namjoon and Yoongi are impartial but decided it would be best if they didn't talk to me as well knowing that Jungkook was devastated when I left.

Jin and Hoseok still talks to me. They still send me funny text once in a while and ask about my well being.

Jimin is the casualty of our war. He didn't understand why I cannot mend my situation with Jungkook and why I can't tell him what happened. The last time we spoke over the phone it ended in a shouting spree with him telling me "... you know what hurts the most is not seeing Jungkook suffering and hearing you sad. What hurts me is that I thought both of you are my friend and nobody what's me to help.". It felt like I lose one of my best buddies.

"Hey! What are you thinking?" Tae broke my inner thoughts.

"Jimin oppa..." I said.

"Ah, he'll come around. He's sensitive when it comes to this kind of thing." He said smiling at me.

"Three years though." I said pouting.

"We're just busy. I'm sure when you guys see each other again he'll be all doting to you again... and let's just get the cat out of the bag, Jungkook's been better." He said smirking.

"I was really thinking of Jimin Oppa" I slapped his shoulder as I told him. "But that's good to hear..."

"Yeah, right. I was waiting for you to ask about him but you have some solid steel control of not bringing him up. He's fine now. You two are two peas in a pod. I could clearly see him trying to sneak read my text whenever I'm typing but he also don't want to ask about you. Scared I guess." Taehyung laughed.

"Scared of what?" I asked

"You dating. You being fine. Him realizing what a dick he was..." Taehyung sporting his broken smile.

"Let's not talk about him... I didn't asked you to come here to talk about him"

"Okay if you say so. Anyway, how long till we get to your house because I'm hungry"

——————

My family especially my mom and baby brother was ecstatic when Taehyung arrived. My brother met him over the phone and teaching is each other english and korean. My mom is just fascinated with how bubbly Tae is that she always bugs me to invite tae over.

After three years. They did finally have a gap in their schedule to come here in the Philippines. Tae at least.

——————

Three days came and went. We're on our way to the airport. Tae sporting a dab look to not make it obvious. His face mask on his chin while I was in the car.

"Are you dating?" Tae asked.

"No. I'm busy with school. I'm going back to the US next week. Where did that came from?"

"Would you date me?"  He said.

I must've pushed the break pedal so hard that my car produced a screeching sound. I look at Tae, he was not smiling. He looks serious.

"Are you serious? Why would you say something like that?" I was almost shouting.

"You still love him don't you?You're just shoving away your feeling. You don't want to accept him but you don't want anybody else." Taehyung was looking me in the eye.

"... I'm trying to... but it wouldn't ... I... I ... can't..." I begin to sob. The truth is, I wanted to ask about him. I wanted to talk to him. I want to see him smiling. To spend our days together.

"You're broken, Jagi. As much as I want to enjoy our time together I could see you're barely holding on. If I can I would date you and fix you up." Taehyung hugged me.

I could feel his heart beating. I remember Jungkook. How his heart beat fast when we touch. Taehyung is calm. His embrace is comforting.

"I mean I don't see you that way but it hurts me to see you like this. I was hoping the sms jagi is real but... your a mess right now. Please promise me you'll try harder" he continued.

"That's why you finally came? You just want to ensure I'm fine? I want to. I've tried dating you know but I just can't be intimate. I missed him. I miss my best friend... I feel like you're my best friend now but I still miss him." I told him in between sobs.

Taehyung asked me to stop by a coffee shop to talk. When we were seated. There was only silence.

"You seem uneasy." I finally broke our silence.

"I actually came here for a reason. I wanted to know if you're really fine. I wanted to know it because ... ahhhh" Tae drinks his coffee.

"What? you're beginning to like me is that it?" I joked.

"Don't be so full of yourself. I don't like you that way. I mean if you're still a virgin I would probably have second ... " he said clearly joking.

I punched him in the arms while I laughed.

"Seriously, I won't cross that bridge... even if you're not that hard to love. Just promise me you'll be fine." I don't want to worry about you." Tae began to say seriously.

"Do you have a cancer or something? Don't tell me..." I was saying when Tae suddenly cut me off.

"We're going for the military service. All of us. At the same time. I won't be able to talk to you for a year. So please. Take care of yourself."

I was shocked. I always thought that they would be attending military in batches. But hearing them going together is a blow. I wasn't able to say anything.

"Jagi, I'll just hail a cab from here. I asked your mom to pick you up. Please promise me you'll do fine."

Tae stood up. The chimes from the coffee shops door was the last thing I've heard before I got to my composure. I booked my flight to seoul using my phone.