Chapter 2 - The Day we Grew apart

Years passed. We started to hit puberty. Well Jungkook did. Mine seems to be late.

He's now as tall as me and getting the attention of some girls in school. He's big doe eyes is probably doing the trick.

I still don't have girl friends. Not because of Jungkook though. If anything, he's helping to find someone by introducing me to his "admirers". Problem is, I really don't click with the girls.

"Read this one. This one is good" he says while we are in my room.

"Jungkook, I am Shin Hye from section 5a. I hope you are doing good. I want you to know that watching you in taekwondo class made my heart skip a beat.... "

"Come on continue!" Jungkook said while pushing me back and forth.

"Look, kookie, I know you got admirers but this is getting tiring. Just pick one up"

"I can't"

"You're a pompous tool"

"What does that mean?" He asked me while tidying up his love letters.

"It means you just love the attention but never intend to do anything"

"It's not that... "

"What is? Just pick one! It's not like you want to be serious. You told me you just want a girlfriend for show!"

"That's what I thought too but..."

"But what?"

"I like somebody... I don't think she likes me"

I could feel my heart beat faster. What is this I'm feeling? Am I hoping for something?

"You see with her, I know I can enjoy her company. We like the same things. We can do things together."

Is he describing me?

"... maybe you need to tell her what you feel. There's no way to know." I told him.

"What do you think? Will she like me?"

"You're adorable. Not to mention good at a lot of things. You can sing to her. Your voice is so good"

"You're right. I'll tell her tomorrow. What's your favorite song again?"

"Fall for you" my heart is swelling a bit.

"That's a nice song. I'll sing it to Hyerin tomorrow. Do you have a copy of that song?"

That is the most anticlimatic thing that ever happened to me. I don't know why I was hoping it was me. Like he always told me: No guy in the right mind would like me. Unless they want a bodyguard. Just the same, the way she describes Hyerin is like me. What does Hyerin have that I don't?

"Bubblehead!"

"What?"

"Bubblehead! I said a copy of the song! I need to go now"

---

Of course Hyerin said yes. A part of me wanted to tell Jungkook's mom that her son at the tender age of 11 already has a girlfriend.

---

"Hey Jungkook, wanna go to the arcade?"

"I can't I'll walk Hyerin to her house"