Chapter 16 - Clarity

"Taehyung wants to talk. He says he wouldn't take no for an answer." My mom giving me her phone and then leaving.

"Hello."

"Hello. I asked for your number but it can't be reach. Sorry I had to call your mom"

"Yeah, I throw my sim away."

"Are you okay? Jungkook told me everything."

"... do they know?"

"No, just me and Jungkook. Listen, I know Jungkook's an asshole but he's kinda a mess right now. He still thought we are dating when ... you know... you guys"

"So he did tell you everything" I said.

"Well, he's conflicted. He finally admitted that he loves you so..."

"What? I'm supposed to run to his arms like that?! I felt like shit awhile ago. He just ran off."

"He was waiting for me to wake up. He called me a thousand times"

"He fucked his friend's girl and he choose to be with his friend"

"He THOUGHT he fucked his friend's girl and was conflicted about his feelings."

"I can't believe you're defending him."

"I'm not. I'm just saying that he was an asshole, but with a reason. If Kyung Hee and Jungkook were dating, what would you do?"

"Not fuck Jungkook."

Taehyung was silent.

"Look, this is getting no where. I hope you'll at least listen to him when you get back. When are you getting back?"

"Graduation."

"I'm not siding with anyone, Jagi. If anything, I'm with you all the way if you decide to make him your punching bag. But he's important to me, too. I felt bad that my plan backfired like this but please, he really loves you. Just listen to him. Can you at least promise that? For me at least, can you at least listen to him?"

"I'll try, Tae"

"Okay, I think I'll have a humongous bill now. I should've called via kakao. Just one question..."

"What?"

"Was it good? Just kidding. Take care of yourself. I'll buy you a graduation present when you get back. Bye!"

"Bye."

I stood up to give the phone to my mom and the phone starts ringing again. Kyung Hee.

Wow. That asshole. He called Kyung Hee.

"Hello"

"Hello. Is -- wait Chloe?"

"Yes."

"Hey... uhmmm... I actually don't know where to begin but Jungkook called me."

"Not you, too"

"Well, I wish to say I'm happy you two finally hooked up but I guess the circumstances weren't just right. Can I tell you something though?"

"I hope you're not -- fuck it. What?"

"He really loves you. He didn't know what to do with his feeling but when you left us, he went to Seoul to actually looked for you. He auditioned for Superstar K so that you could see him via TV. When that didn't panned out, he joined bangtan hoping that you could at least come to fansigning events."

"I still don't know how to equate that to the way he treated me."

"You're different for him. He says you're his comet. He feels like he cannot have you. You're just there temporarily. With your dreams. Your family status."

"My family status?"

"Yeah, he kinda googled everything and he saw how filthy rich you are. He's always in a tight rope you know. He doesn't want to pursue his feelings for you because he feels like he doesn't deserve you."

"So when finally have me. His next course of action is to ran away from me? That's ironic"

"He loves the boys. They sort of raised him. They took his mind of you. He's very happy with them you know. They kinda open him up, gave him confidence. The confidence you took away from him."

"Why does it feel like I'm the bad guy here?"

"I'm not saying that. I'm just trying to explain how he feels. He bottled his feelings for eleven years and it went all out in just a night. Thanks to the alcohol. Something happened between the two you before—, during your birthday. He told me you forgot because you were drunk. "

"Wait... my birthday?" The memory of him going down on me flooded my brain. "What?"

"He was really scared that he can't control his groins when he's with you. " Kyung Hee chuckled. "He was so scared because he knows your Dad will send you back."

"He tells you all this."

"He's not gonna tell the boys. We always talk. Like I always call you. He always calls me, to talk about you. He loves you, Chloe. He does the most stupidest thing to you but he loves you."

I didn't know what to say.

"Listen, I need to go. I leave the decision to you. He's a mess. I told him to call you but he says he don't want to make the matters worse so I called you instead."

"Bye, Take Care."

When I went down. My mom and Dad was waiting for me with an envelope.

"Sorry we had to open it. We were so excited. You got in to Harvard!" My mom said.

I was aghast.

"That's not exactly the reaction that I'm expecting. Chloe, don't you want to study law anymore."

"No. Dad that's not it. I just don't feel well I guess"

"Honey, I talked to Yoongi and he says you've been helping them compose some songs."

Wow. It feels everyone talking about me but not to me.

"He thought you may want to pursue music instead"

"That's not it Dad. I just... I just want to think."

"Let me know. Remember that whatever options you choose. I'll back you up."

"Thanks, Dad"

"We should celebrate! Why did Tae called you" my mom.

"Who's Tae?" My dad asked.

"He's one of the boys. " I answered before my mom tells unnecessary things.

"Are you two dating?" My dad again.

"No. We're just friends."

"Is he the reason why you don't wanna go?" My mom clearly toying with me insuating something to my dad.

"No mom! He's just a friend" I said. But the truth is. There's a boy that makes me don't want to study in the states anymore.

Jeon Jungkook. You little punk.