Chapter 18 - Murphy's Law

"Why do we have to stay in a hotel anyway? Our apartment is big enough for us." my dad asked while we wheeled our baggages in the airport.

"The apartment has two rooms only. Jace is staying there already." I answered.

"He could sleep on the couch. Like he always do."

"Maybe, he's tired he just came back from London."

"...maybe, you're avoiding someone?" My mom said to me clearly teasing.

"I'm not avoiding someone." I said

"Good. Because I didn't reserved any hotel." My dad said.

We boarded the car while I sulk in the front seat.

---

No sign of Jungkook. That's good. It'll be our graduation tomorrow.

The truth is. I don't know what I'm feeling towards him. I always liked him. More than a friend, maybe. I don't know. I'm not sure. Ever since we saw each other and that bus incident, I wanted him.

I missed him.

What he did to me was unforgivable. I was confused when after it happened. A lot of scenarios running to my mind as how would our relationship be affected but none of them includes a hasty Jungkook running out of my room.

"Hey! A penny for your thoughts?" It was Jace.

"I was just thinking.." I said.

"Clearly, you just put your teabag into your coffee" he said.

Fuck. I was supposed to drink coffee but I decided to get some tea. Fuck you Jeon Jungkook.

"Now, come on spill it out. Your parents are asleep. You can talk" Jace said with a serious face.

"It's not something you could help me at. This is not some instrument I wanted you to reach me to play. I... it's ... just nothing."

"Is 'Nothing''s name 'Jungkook'?" He said

"What? Why! No. No. No. no... no... no" I said

"Six times. Wow. He went here. He said you two fought, he wanted to say sorry." Jace said with a concerned face.

It took a while before I could answer.

"It's too late for saying sorry." I said.

"Fuck, that. Hear him out. Don't be a dick. He seems to be sincere. Kinda lacks style on his words but I'm sure he means well."

Jace took my cup and dump it at the sink.

"Go talk to him. He's waiting for you upstairs. If you don't go I'm gonna tell your parents you had sex with him."

"HE TOLD YOU?!!!!" I shouted.

Jace was laughing.

"Oh my God! I actually didn't thought you'll fall for that but no, he didn't. I just figure it out piece by piece. I mean your blood stained mattress. Which you forgot to wash. You asking me to fly halfway around the world just to see you graduate so I could stay here. But it seems your parents, didn't buy any of your bullshit. I mean, the mattress could've just been your monthly visitor but you confirmed just now. Judging by your longing eyes, he didn't raped you. I mean I'm happy for you but if you're gonna be a dick to him might as well have your parents throw you to London to study with me instead. So... decide... I could wake them up right now"