Chapter 16

Rays pov.

I wake up to the sounds of birds chirping which is my favorite thing to wake up to. However today I do not have that feeling.. instead I feel uneasy. Deciding to go check on Quinn I hop into the shower first and wash my hair. Stepping out of the shower and grabbing a towel I dry myself off. Once I'm dressed I head towards Quinn's room and my uneasy feeling grows stronger. Knocking on the door I receive no answer. Slowly I open the door and peer my head in only to see three notes on Quinn's bed but no Quinn. Nervously I walk up to her bed and open the one with my name on it.

Dear Ray,

I am so sorry it had to be this way.. I didn't want it to come to this but I had to protect you all. I've gone and given myself up to the rogue leader. It was the only way to protect you all. He is more powerful than we realized. We only had a slim chance of defeating him. So in order to save innocent lives I let him take me. He wanted me more than Jasper and Allison. Ray I love you like a sister you are my best friend and you always will be. Please don't look for me you wouldn't be able to find me anyways. I wish you the best of luck in your life. Goodbye Ray.
                                -Quinn

As I finish reading the letter I'm sobbing running into my room I grab my phone and call Austin.  When he answers I start to cry even harder. "Austin.. she's gone. Quinn gave herself up in order to save us. She went with the rogue leader. You need to get down here. She left a letter for you." I tell him. "I'm on my way." He ends the phone call and I know he's just as upset as I am. He loves Quinn so now with her gone it'll break his heart. Oh god jasper.. I have to call him. I don't have his number so I call Allison and ask for jasper. As soon as jasper answers I begin to tell him what happened.

Jasper's pov.

I'm sitting in my room listening to music when suddenly Allison bursts through my door. I turn off my stereo and ask her what's wrong. "It's Ray.. I think something's wrong." She tosses me the phone. "Hello?" I ask. " Jasper you need to get over here now Quinn's gone." She then hangs up leaving me in shock. I hoo up and rush outside grabbing my car keys in the way out. Upon reaching Ray and Quinn's house I see Ray outside tears streaming down her face. I rush out of my car and ask her. "What's wrong?!" She replies in a monotone voice. "Quinn's gone.. she's gone." Ray hands me a note and I open it up and begin to read.

Dear Jasper.

       I am so sorry but I have left you not out of anger or sadness but out of love. The rouge leader wanted to capture me more than you. I had to protect you and your family. So I have him what he wanted most.. me. I know we are mates but now that I'm gone I want you to be happy. Find a girl to love and cherish. Be happy. Do not feel sorry for me I wanted to do this. Jasper I will forever love you and the time we spent together were some of the best times I've ever had so I thank you for that. I love you but now it is time for me to say goodbye. Goodbye my love.
                                                 -Quinn

As I finish reading the letter I like Ray am crying. I can't believe it.. even after I called her crazy and was a complete jerk she still sacrificed herself for me. I have to find her. "Ray we will find her.. I promise you that." As soon as those words leave my mouth I'm in the car headed back to my house to gather a search party. I think to myself. Hold on Quinn I'm coming for you.

Austins pov.

I can't believe Quinn would do this! I think to myself as I pull into the driveway. Getting out of my car I knock on the door and Ray answers. Holding out a letter I take it. We step inside and sit down. I open the letter and begin to read it.

Dear Austin,

           Austin.. dad.. you deserve that title for you are my dad. You took care of me when I was sick or hurt. You did everything a father would do. For that I thank you. You have been amazing and I will always be grateful. We've been through a lot but now it's time for our final goodbye. I will always love you don't forget that.

                      Goodbye dad.
                                                 -Quinn

I lean back against the couch and Ray come over to hug me. We hold each other and cry. My baby's gone. No don't think that way! I will find her no matter what.. no matter how long it takes, I will find her.

Vote comment