Chapter 9

We arrive at the ice cream shop and he tells me it's called "dream cones" (yes that's a real ice cream shop) he leads me inside and we sit down. A waitress comes to our table. "What would you like today?" She asks and I can tell it's directed at Jasper so naturally I growl. It's to low for the waitress to hear. "I'd like a strawberry ice cream cone and Quinn would like.." "I'd like a chocolate ice cream cone.. two scoops." I tell her. She just sighs and says. "You know that's really fattening? Maybe get some water instead." She says. I growl loudly and look towards her direction and say with anger in my voice. "No I'd like three scoops of chocolate ice cream and a new waitress.. I can't eat when your trying to act sexy. And pull down your skirt whore!" She gasps and I can feel the embarrassment radiating off of her. She huffs. "Whatever freak!" She tells me. "Honey I've been called worse nice try though." I tell her as she walks away. I can feel Jasper's amusement. "Shut up!" I snap at him and my wolf growls at me. "I didn't say anything!" He exclaims. "You were thinking how amusing I was!" I tell him. I can feel people's emotions if you couldn't tell. "How did you know that?" He asks me shocked. "I can feel people's emotions and I'm also a very good guesser." I hear someone walk up to our table and set down a tray. "Thank you." I say to the new waitress. "Your welcome and I apologize about Zoe she can be a bit.. never mind. Enjoy your ice cream." I smile at her then begin to eat my ice cream. I finish it in about 3 minutes.. I like ice cream. "I'm not even close to being done! You can eat fast! Talented is what you are." He says chuckling and I smile sheepishly. "I like my food." He finally finishes and then we argue. "No I'll get it you took me out so I should!" I argue with him. "I'm suppose to be the gentlemen so I should!" I realize neither of us will win so I come up with an idea. "Neither of us will when so how about we both pay the bill half and half." I tell him he thinks about it then pulls out his wallet. I do the same but suddenly he runs to the counter puts the cash down and say "keep the change if you see me getting murder don't worry!" He runs out the door and I chuckle. He forgot I was blind then I hear the chimes to the door and smell him. "Forget something Jasper?" I ask with amusement in my voice. "I'm really sorry I forgot and-" I interrupt him. "Do not apologize the fact you forgot is amazing.. people always treat me like I'm helpless. So thank you for forgetting I'm blind.. now shall we go." He take my arm and loops them together. "We shall madam." We walk out laughing. When we get in the car I turn on the radio. We drive away but as soon as we hit a back road we get slammed into my a car or truck. I don't scream but I cuss. "Shit!" We roll and the windows shatter glass shards imbed in my skin. I hear jasper cuss but before I can ask him if he's okay I pass out.

I'm surrounded by darkness which is normal for me but I feel scared. Not for myself but for jasper. Then suddenly I see a bright light.. like the end of a tunnel so I walk towards it.. stupidly. As I reach the light I step out into a field of flowers and spot a lady. She turns around and I somehow know exactly who it is. "Mom?"

Vote comment also did you like the cliff hanger? Quinn's mom is above.