“Well, I tried for something fancy. But since we are out of nowhere, let’s just stick to some basics?” he smiles and his eyes crinkle. He looks so content that I wish to smile too, like him.

“Mascarpone?” I ask, taking the recipe book from his hand. I go through the recipe of this dish and it’s quite simple.

“With cheese garlic.” He says, adding some salt from the near bowl. “Do you like it?”

“Well, my mother used to make me some a while back. So you have a tough competition to impress me.” I smile wickedly.

He looks up from the hot cheese stew he just heated and raises his eyebrow. “I like competition.” He finally says, “Gives me an edge.” He winks at me.

I blush scarlet once he winks at me. I try to neglect the rampant beating of my heart in my rib cage and it really feels as if it will burst out if allowed to. It doesn’t mean anything at all. It’s just that Liam and I are on some co-operative terms with each other and now, I’m going to try my best not to spoil it on my expense.

I have a million questions steaming in my mind. I have no clue why he has changed so suddenly. He looked like such a lost child, almost vulnerable, when he got out of the water. Then why does he hide his soft side only for the world to face his ruthless demeanor? He just wants to show the world that he is not caring and kind when in reality he cares more than anyone. If that was the case, he could have easily let me die two days back. He could have easily said no to his father, since his father can’t go against his will at all. He could have easily just escaped and continued with his life.

But he did not.

“Tiara?” Liam asks. I wasn’t paying attention. I look up at him. “You do zone out a lot.” He murmurs.

“Yeah?” I ask, trying to think what he actually said to me.

“I asked do you want to eat here or outside?” He looks proudly at his dish.

“Um… outside? It’ll be cold enough.”

“Hmm, okay.” He looks through outside through the glass door and nods his head.

--

He places two china dishes on the table which is right in front of the beach. Even though I haven’t come to this place before, it looks so beautiful and calming. The only sound we can hear is of the waves dashing and the only light illuminating is of the moon. Our mansion lights are dimmed and the scene is breathtaking. It is cold, not too much though. The wind strikes against my bare legs and I immediately sit on the chair.

Liam goes inside the mansion and comes back out, with a bottle of wine in his hand. He places it in a bowl of ice cubes and serves some spoons of the cooked Mascarpone in my plate followed by his. He looks so happy doing this and I immediately wonder, isn’t his ego bruised by serving me? Maybe not, I tell myself.

He sits in front of me and looks at me with hopeful eyes. His fingers are knotted against each other and he his face is so nervous which makes me laugh.

“Aren’t you going to try it?” He asks, his voice natural.

“Actually I was planning to eat it after you. You know, just in case.” I smirk.

“Really? Then damn, my plan of murdering you by the mere co-incidental event of food poisoning is a flop.” He says, sounding as sarcastic as he can. This makes me giggle too much. “Are you going to eat it or be sassy as ever?”

The smell of the rich food in front of me is threatening more than it was before and I can’t really control myself. It looks so well designed that I think of giving him full marks for preparation. I pick my spoon up and take a small grab. I look at him and place it in my mouth.