Chapter Forty Four 'Robbery'

Start from the beginning

"Right my love, you stay here with Mary while I go find daddy" I ordered softly placing her in Mary's lap with a kiss.
I needed to see why my child was so spooked.
"He's downstairs" Mary told me still giggling while shaking her head.
Against Peanut's protests of fear I headed out the room and down the stairs.
A hot flush came over my body as I became extremely nervous and from the look of the girls faces I had every reason to be.

I tried the lounge first, he was normally in there but this time I was greeted by penguin.
"Hey penguin! Do you know where Mr J is?" I inquired with a smile.
"Kitchen, prepare yourself!" He replied making me even more worried.
Prepare myself?
My curiosity was killing me so deciding enough was enough I quickly made my way into the kitchen.

Inside stood Frosty talking to a tall man with light brown hair laced with blonde highlights.
He was dressed up very nice and sharp like he was attending an event.
Maybe he was getting interviewed to be one of Mr J's new men.
"Have any of you seen Mr J?" I sighed feeling myself becoming fed up.
"Ahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" The stranger cackled as he turned around to face me.

No way! What?! No!

No way!
What?!
No!

"Cat got your tongue little doll?" Mr J cackled as I tried to pick my jaw of the floor.
"I...erm...huh....w..w..whaaa..wh..at...the..e...fuck?!" I stuttered with wide eyes.
What had he done?!
Rolling his eyes he stalked over to me and gently grabbed my arms.
"Wwwwweeee are going on a robbery little doll!" He grinned.
"We?" I frowned.
"Yesssss! A robbery little doll, your disguise is in my room now go get dressed!" He ordered waving me away.
Not being able to form any more words I nodded my head and walked out in a daze.

I didn't understand why I was going with him.
I had never been on any mission except for the time Peanut was kidnapped.
What was I going to do?!
I had no skills to pull of a robbery, I could hardly sneak food out the fridge.
Not wanting to start an argument with him I did as he asked and headed into his bedroom to see my 'costume' resting on his sheets.

Blonde wig, blue eyes!
This was all kinds of freaky!
It all looked so beautiful though and I was kinda excited at the thought of dressing up, I hadn't done it since I was a child.
Not sure on how much time I had to get dressed I quickly gathered everything up and headed to my room to begin preparing for the night ahead.

Two hours later and I was finally ready to go.

I loved the look!  I felt like Daenerys Targaryen without the dragons well Mr J could count as one with his green hair and slithery ways

I loved the look!
I felt like Daenerys Targaryen without the dragons well Mr J could count as one with his green hair and slithery ways.

"You can do this Ember! Do exactly as Mr J's says and stay out of danger! If you screw this up he'll kill you that's if you're not already dead. Now get out there and make him happy because a happy Joker means no bruises" I whispered sternly into the mirror as I gave myself one of my famous pep talks.

Letting out the air I had been holding in I made my way out the door and onto the landing.
Once again I was left gasping as I saw Mr J stood with Alexander at the bottom of the staircase.
Of course he was coming!
He was Mr J's partner in crime what did I expect?!
I was sick of all these surprises, I was about to collapse!

"Ah there you are little doll!" Mr J called out knocking me from my thoughts.
Plastering a grin on my face I began making my way down the stairs.
"How do I look?" I whispered shyly as their eyes burned into me.
"You look beautiful!" They both spoke up making my heart skip.
This was going to be a long night!