YDG

(Hi guys!! This is my first story, and I'm trying the best I can. Please read, comment, vote and share :) Thanks!)

Out of the abyss of darkness that some people prefer to call dreams, I felt someone's hands grab my shoulders and shake roughly. I unwillingly cracked open my eyes; I had trouble doing that nowadays, either the lack of sleep or the affluence of deadness in my soul were responsible for that.

"You have an interview in 2 hours, get up. Wear something decent so they'll consider adopting you. Who would want YOU in the first place though, I have no idea. Hopefully we'll get lucky," Sister Meredith said.

"Fuck off," I groaned.

"Watch your mouth young lady," she said before storming out of my room.

I stiffly got out of bed. I've been back for a week in this hell hole (haha, get it? I'm in a church orphanage, this is supposed to be a "holy" place) but the abuse I suffered from my last foster home refused to be forgotten. It was like silent ghosts walking through the halls. Seen but unheard.

My foster mom and dad loved punishing me for almost anything I did. The last straw was when my foster asshole "dad" beat me with a metal part of the belt - on my back. After that I ran away - back to the orphanage because I didn't really have the money or the sources to go anywhere else. And being in this hellhole isn't that hard, at least not when you get used to it. 

I took a quick shower, letting the warm water cascade down my body and wake me up wholly in the process. Getting dressed in black skinny jeans, black converse, and a white BMTH tank top, I added SWS, BVB, FIR, and MIW bracelets to cover up my scars. They were barely visible now, white and pink lines crisscrossing my wrist in a pattern of my soul. 

Then I brushed through my wildly curly hair, putting it up in a ponytail, applied some make up (winged eyeliner) and trudged downstairs.

The cafeteria was crowded as usual, but it didn't matter because I don't like to eat with the other kids anyway. The entire place is filled with preppy bitches, whores, and kids who felt so bad for themselves that it made you want to put your head in a microwave after spending more than 5 minutes with them. 

The good thing is that pretty much everyone learned to stay away from me after the one incident that involved 3 bullies. I sent them to a hospital, since they thought they could push me around. I guess you could say I have anger issues, but they deserved it. This probably also explains the fact that I have no friends, but aren't we all better off alone? No one can hurt you that way.

Grabbing an apple while ignoring the glares some people sent my way, I went back upstairs and into my room. Grabbing my IPod, I plopped backwards onto my bed and started eating, while BVB blasted through my earphones. I ended up kind of dozing off because when I checked the time, it was 5 minutes until interview time.

Cursing under my breath, I ran downstairs and being the clumsy oaf  I am, I ended up tripping over my own feet and falling. I got up painfully, my back radiating fire now, and did my best to hobble over to the interview room. After knocking, the door was opened by a very pissed off looking Sister Susan - she's the "manager" of this hellhole. In other words, she arranges the interviews and that shit. We have to respect her but I can't, mostly because she's meaner than Satan himself.

"You're late," she growled just loud enough for me to hear and grabbed my shoulder, pushing me into the room. The excruciating pain reverberated through my back. It felt like someone took a big mallet and slammed it against my shoulder. She pushed me again, harder this time, her hand on my back to get me to move faster. That's when I saw stars whilst losing my balance and almost falling.

This time though, someone caught me and steadied me. Whoever it was, was covered in tattoos. His right arm was ocean themed, with a heart that said "Mom" and a tattoo of a woman on his bicep. His left arm was practically bare, and on his neck were Roman numerals, a portrait of a woman, and a rose. He was wearing a tank top, and I could see that his chest was also heavily tattooed and there was something that looked like a scar - a weird pinkish line which was located smack in the middle of his chest. He's really tall too, I barely came up to his shoulders. I refused to look anywhere but the ground and mumbled, "Thank you,"

"You're welcome. Are you okay sweetie?" he asked me. He had a nice, soothing, deep voice.

"Yeah," I murmured, casually taking a step away. I have trust issues, especially around men who are taller and stronger than me. He didn't seem to notice though, and I stubbornly kept my head down, feeling pretty intimidated.

"You kept Mr. Carlile waiting," Sister Susan said, her voice leaking poison in my direction.

"Sorry," was all I said, all the while thinking, Carlile. Can it be him? Nah, that last name isn't that rare...is it? Or is it just a coincidence? I looked up then, and saw him. His light brown eyes lit up with happiness, a smile playing on his lips, and his brown hair standing up in all directions, well, it wasn't that hard to understand who was standing before my eyes. MY SQUIDGY CUPCAKES! AUSTIN CARLILE WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME!!!