Chapter 12

"Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside"

So it's the day I have to go to the psychologist. I don't want to go at all but my parents and Peyton are making me go. I still don't know why I have to go to this. There is nothing wrong with me. Everyone acts different around different people. My mom is dropping me off and waiting here the entire time. It's a hour long.

Me and my mom walk inside. I sign in a go into the room they tell me to go into. I walk in the little room and a lady wearing glasses is sitting at her desk writing something.

My mom introduces herself and then introduces me like I'm a little kid. The therapists name was Jennifer. 

So my mom leaves the room and goes and waits in the waiting room.

I sit on the little couch she has and she sits in the arm chair in front of it.

"Hi Sarah. How are you?" She asks.

"Good" I say.

"Ok. I'm just going to ask what I ask all my new patients. Why are you here? What do you want to get out of being here?"

"Honestly I just came here to shut my boyfriend up" I say.

"At least your honest. Why did he want you to come here?" She asks.

"He thinks I have some multiple personality disorder or something like that" I say.

"Ok I know what that is. Tell me about yourself and I'll be able to tell you if you have it or not" I say.

"Well he thinks I have it because I'm a totally different person at school with all my friends then I am with just him" I say.

"Which personality is the real you?" She asks.

"My one with him. I'm more laid back and chill when I'm with him. At school I'm uncontrollable and crazy" I say.

"Ok so why is that?" She asks. This lady needs to stop asking questions. What is this a test?

"I care about him more. I know he'll care about me for a long, long time maybe even forever. All my friends are going to graduate at the end of this year or next year and I'll still be here with him. I doubt any of them will keep in touch after high school" I say.

"Why do you think that?" She asks.

"I'm ones of those kids who parties every night and doesn't care about school and I hang out with those type of kids. They have more friends then they can even count and take them for granted. They aren't going to care about me in a year or more" I say.

"You never know they might surprise you" she says.

"I'd rather just hang out with my sisters friends. They are nicer and care more about the little amount of friends they have"

"Does Peyton ever hang out with your friends?" She asks.

"How do you know his name?" I ask.

"He stopped by and talked to me for about twenty minutes yesterday" She says.

"About what?" I ask.

"I'm not allowed to say but I will anyway because he isn't ones of my patients. It was all about you" She says.

"Any details?" I ask.

"He'll tell you everything he said to me soon if he didn't tell you already" She says. I'm going to have to start listening to him more.

"Ok" I say.

"Now back to my question. Does he hang out with your friends?" She asks.

"Not really. He sits with my sister and her friends at lunch so I started to sit there since he is there." I say.

"You should ask him why" She says.

"I will tomorrow when I see him" I say.

"I'm just going to tell you the truth. You don't have Dissociative Identity Disorder. It's rare to have and you definitely don't have it and you don't have to be here if you don't want to. Your the same as every other teenager. You act different depending on who your with. He notices it because you probably go to a lot of different places with different people with him" She says.

"I know. That's what I told but he didn't listen to me" I say.

"So we have twenty minutes to kill. What do you want to talk about?" She asks.

"Nothing. My moms still here can I leave?" I ask.

"Yeah. Your not forced to stay here. But before you leave, work on your relationship before your friendships. There is a lot more problems in that then you think" She says.

"Ok. Thank you" I say and walk out the door.

What does she mean by that? I thought me and Peyton were doing ok. We've only been dating for a month.