Chapter 10

{I hit 5k reads on He Broke Me on Sunday. Thank you so much. I can't believe it has come that far ❤️}

"I miss you. The old you. The new one sucks"

It's the 2nd day of school and I'm already in trouble. I got dress coded. My school is crazy about it. I've been suspended four times because of it.

I was wearing a crop top and super short shorts and I got sent to the principals office in between second and third period. My parents weren't home this morning so I got away with leaving the house in that outfit.

I walk into the principals office and he says, "It's the second day of school and your already in my office"

"Is this really that big of a deal? I've seen kids here wear worst and nothing happened to them" I say.

"Then I just didn't catch it but you have a record so we keep close tabs on those types of kids" He says. I've been in here many times before. He doesn't like me that much. I talk back to him a lot.

"So as you know for this type of thing we normally do a two day suspension but since it's only the second day I'm giving you just one" He says.

"Awesome. Thanks" I say. That's still a 3 day weekend for me.

"It's not awesome. Do you ever plan on what your going to do when you leave here?" He asks.

"Nope. I've got no plans" I say.

"You should really figure something out because at the rate you are going it doesn't look good" He says.

"I've got a nerd boyfriend now. Don't the nerds always end up rich" I say.

"I meant to ask. Why are you dating him. I know I have no right to judge as your principal but you two are just like total opposites" He says.

"That is none of your business. Now I'll take my pass to happiness and be on my way" I say and stand up.

He hands me the suspension pass and I say, "Thank you" and start to walk out.

"Sarah" He says.

"Yes?" I say and turn around.

"Do you have a change of clothes?" He asks.

"Nope" I say.

"Then just go home" He says.

"Ok" I say and happily leave the office.

My weekend officially starts in about 10 minutes.

I go to my locker and start getting my stuff when Peyton walks up.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Home" I say.

"Why? Are you sick or something?" He asks.

"Nope. Suspended" I say.

"For what? It's only the second day of school" He says.

"I got dress coded. You can't tell by my outfit" I say.

He looks me up and down then says, "Yeah now I see why"

"Yep" I say.

"Where did the good Sarah go? The one I knew over the summer" He asks.

"She comes and goes. She'll come back when we aren't in school" I say.

"So you basically fake a personality?" He says.

"Yep. Well I see you later. Bye" I say and close my locker.

"Bye" He says and I turn around and start walking to the front of the school.

Then I hear him mumble something.

"What?" I say and turn around.

"Nothing" He says and starts walking the other direction.

I know exactly what he said. He said "I want the real Sarah all the time" and he sounded kinda sad.

I didn't think much of it. It will probably blow over in a day.