Chapter 5

"Summer is where the girls go barefoot and their hearts are just as free as their toes"

About a week later:

Today is our last day of school. 9th grade was pretty good. I expected it to be way worse then it was but now it's time for summer.

So I'm in school walking to my 3rd period class alone when Peyton comes running up to me.

"Hey Sarah" He says.

"Hi" I say and we continue walking.

"Want to go to a party with me tonight?" He asks.

"You go to parties?" I ask.

"No but I figured you got invited to at least 5" He says.

"Yeah I did but it was really 7" I say. I get invited to a lot of parties because I have a lot of friends and lots of people are having parties tonight to celebrate the last day of school.

"So do you want to go with me?" He asks.

"Sure" I say. I obviously wasn't going to turn down spending time with Peyton.

"Awesome. Which one should we go to?" He asks.

"My friend, Olivia is throwing one at a beach today. That will be probably be the most fun" I say. Olivia's parties are always good. They are mostly just for 9th graders. I don't expect Peyton to know anyone in the higher grades. They always end by 11 o'clock and it's normally just loud music and dancing. And she lives at a beach house so it's really fun.

"It sounds perfect. So it's more of you taking me to a party" He says.

"Yeah pretty much" I say and we get to my classroom.

"Ok. I'll see you later" He says and walks to his class.

* * *

So later on in the day at about 1:00 Peyton texts me.

Peyton: Hey. So I was wondering if you want my mom to drive us there.

Me: Sure and I'll have my dad pick us up once it's over.

Peyton: Ok. Want my mom to pick you up at your house at like 6? I'm sure you want to change and do what ever girls do to get ready.

Me: Sure. I'll have my dad pick us up at like 11

Peyton: 11?

Me: Yeah. Why?

Peyton: That's so late!

Me: That is actually early for a party to end. I'm going to teach you how to have a little fun tonight.

Peyton: Good because I need lessons on that.

Me: I know.

Peyton: The bells about to ring. My lunch period is about to end and I can't use my phone in any classes except this one.

Me: Why can't you?

Peyton: Because it's a school rule.

Me: A school rule that no one follows.

Peyton: I do.

Me: Soon you won't be

The bell rang so I knew I wasn't going to get a response from him. Once me and him start hanging out more he will start to become a little less nerdy and follow all the rules.