Chapter 9

"The first day of school - the day when the countdown to the last day begins"

It's the first day of school and the only thing I can think is let's rewind to the beginning of July. I don't want to go back at all. I like seeing my friends everyday but I can just see them outside of school.

Today's a Wednesday and it's only a three day week which I like. 

Peyton said he's excited which is just ew. Sabrina said she's excited for high school too. I sometimes question if we are actually related. She's such a good girl follows the rules pleases everyone and I'm just not.

My dad comes in and wake me up because I refuse to set a alarm to go to that place.

I get up and get dressed. Our mom took me and Sabrina back to school clothes shopping last week. I picked out a leather jacket (it went with all my moms rules) and I'm so excited. My mom had a lot of rules for this shopping. The shirt couldn't go too low and the shorts couldn't be too short. The shirt had to have sleeves and the shirt had to touch the shorts. No crop tops. I listened to my mother but I'm sure I'll be dress coded on the second day.

I do my hair and a little bit of makeup. Then brush my teeth and go downstairs and start walking to the door.

"No breakfast?" My mom asks.

"Nope. My friends should be here in like 2 minutes" I say.

"Ok. Let me take a few pictures first" My mom says.

Sabrina gets up from the table and we take a few individual pictures then one of me and her together.

"I wish Shannon was here to see this. Her little sisters first day of 9th and 10th grade. We're gonna have to visit her soon" My mom says.

"We took pictures with her the day she moved to Pennsylvania" Sabrina says.

"I know but it's not the same" My mom says.

As she says that my friends pull up "Bye mom. Bye dad. Bye Sabrina. If you see me in school don't talk to me" I say.

"Sarah" My mom says in like that mom tone as like a warning and she sounds disappointed in you.

"Fine. Bye Sabrina. I love you. Can't wait to see you in school" I say then go over to Sabrina and to "hug" her but I really squeeze her really tight.

I leave and get in the back seat. It was Fallon's brothers car. He graduated last year and is now driving us to school everyday. Fallon was in the car and my other friend, Olivia. The girl who's party we went to at the end of the year. Fallon's a year older then me and me and Olivia are in the same grade.

We drive to school and all go our separate ways to our classes.

Me and Peyton only have study hall and lunch together. I'm not complaining because those are the two fun classes where you get to do nothing. I have lunch 6th and study hall 9th which I love.

I go to class and don't see Peyton or Sabrina. I know I'll see them today at some point. Me and Sabrina have the same lunch.

I go through all the classes. It was pretty boring. All we did was go over the rules and stuff. There's no homework though so I'm happy. Then I finally get to go to lunch.

I walk in the cafeteria and Peyton was sitting at a table with Sabrina. I like my my boyfriend and little sister get along even though they barley know each other.

I go over to there table.

"Sarah, come here" Fallon yells a couple tables down. It was really really loud in the cafeteria.

"I'll be right there" I yell back and sit at the table with Peyton and Sabrina.

"Hey" I say.

"Hi" Peyton says.

"Your not going to go sit with your older, cooler friends" Sabrina says.

"I am but I'm going to come to say hi first" I say.

"All of a sudden everyone's talking to me even older kids that I've never talked to." Sabrina says.

"Yeah the same things happening to me" Peyton says.

"You dating me which is bringing up your popularity" I say to Peyton. "And your my sister so everyone thinks we act the same so they think you will be popular. So there becoming friends with you now but we're total opposites" I tell Sabrina.

"I know" She says.

Then Corey, Rowan and Bradley walk over.

"Hey guys" Rowan says.

"Hey" Bradley says.

"Hi" Corey says.

"Can't believe your sitting with us" Rowan says to me.

"I know. But I'm leaving in a couple of minutes" I say.

"Of course" She says.

"See you guys later" I say and get up. "Come on" I say to Peyton.

"I'm staying here. No offense but I don't want to hang out with your friends" He says.

"Fine then I'm staying too" I say and sit down.

"Seriously?" Sabrina asks.

"Yeah" I say.

"I wouldn't except that from you. This morning you told me not to talk to you in school" Sabrina says.

"I know" I say and that's how I ended up staying at that table for the rest of high school.