Chapter 11

"But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell. I know right now you can't tell. But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see a different side of me.

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired. I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be" ~ "Unwell" by Matchbox 20

{This quote doesn't really relate to the chapter. It relates more to the storyline}

It's my suspended day. My friends were trying to miss school so we all could hang out today but there parents wouldn't let them because it's only the first week of school.

I invited Peyton to come but I never got a text back. I guess he's ignoring me after yesterday. We've only been dating a month. Should we already be having our first fight!

Everyone knows that there are arguments in relationships but how soon do they really start?

I decide to text him because I don't want him to be mad at me. It's 12 now so he should be in lunch

Me: Hey. What are you doing?
Peyton: On a scale from one to ten how insecure are you?
Me: I don't know. Why?

Why is he asking this? What does it have to do with anything.

Peyton: I think you put on a your little fake personality in school because your insecure and want all the older kids to notice you.
Me: Where do you get that crazy idea from?
Peyton: It's not crazy. It makes a lot of sense.
Me: This is not a conversation to have over text
Peyton: Fine. We will talk about it later then
Me: Ok

At that was the end of that until later on.

I didn't think much of it. I don't think I'm insecure or I hope I'm not.

At about 5:00 Peyton shows up at my front door. I kinda expected it.

I was up in my room and hear the doorbell ring and look out my window and it was Peyton. I start walking down the hall to go downstairs but Sabrina already answered the door and they were talking. I stop at the top of the stairs to listen.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Sabrina asks him.

"I just came to talk to Sarah" Peyton says.

"Ok. She should be down in a minute" She says.

"I have a question" He says.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Has Sarah ever brought up insecurities?" He asks.

"No but I know what your talking about. In school she is totally different then when she's alone with just you and me. I've questioned it many times too. I'm starting to think she just isn't mature yet" Sabrina says.

"I hope that's it" He says.

"You know your the only other person that has noticed it. I'm glad she has you" Sabrina says.

"Thank you" He says.

After that I've heard enough and went downstairs.

"Hey. Who's at the door?" I ask Sabrina

"Peyton" She says.

"Ok. You can go now" I say to Sabrina and go to the door.

"Hi" I say to him as if this conversation wasn't going to get totally awkward.

"Hey. Let's talk" He says.

"Ok" I say and we go outside and sit on the front step steps so Sabrina doesn't hear.

"What's up with you? One day your completely calm and chill. Then the next your hyper, loud and kinda crazy. The only thing you are one hundred percent of the time is immature" He says.

"I know. I don't know why that is. It like when I go to school I just turn on a whole different personality" I say.

"I did my research it could be a few different things" He says. Great the nerd in him is doing research on me. Then he continues "I really think it's a insecurity where you feel like you have to fit in by acting fun and crazy and whatever. Or it could be Dissociative Identity Disorder" He says.

"What is that?" I ask. I really don't want to be talking about this. I'm going to use Sabrina's favorite word here, this is so uncomfortable.

"I'm going to make this definition as simple as possible for you. It's a disorder where you act like two or more different people even though you are just one" He says.

"Well I definitely don't have that" I say.

"How do you know? Have you ever been to a psychologist?" He asks.

"No" I say.

"Well I want you to go" He says.

"Well I don't want to go" I say.

"I already talked to your parents and they set up a appointment" He says.

"Fine. If I have to go you have to go to one too" I say.

"Then I will. If it gets you to go then I will" He says.

It was in that moment I realized how much he really cares about me. I shouldn't be so hard on him.

"You don't have to go. I'll go once and that's it" I say.

"That's all I ask" He says.

"Ok" I say.

Then he stands up so I do too.

"I'll see you tomorrow" He says.

"Ok. Bye" I say and he leaves and I go back inside.