Chapter 6🍹

It had been a week since Alex had been admitted in the hospital. She was sick and tired of it. The white walls glared at her constantly and Alex could not wait to get out of the hospital. Hospitals were always a place of bad memories for Alex. And she thought it would continue to be as such until one day ago.

Alex sighed as she thought of when she met Zach. She had spent the whole night dreaming about Zach. He was tall and with his straight nose, strong jawline and dark blue eyes, there was nothing about him that was not dreamy. Her cheeks reddened as she thought about him. It had only been one day yet she felt so attached to him.

He had paid so much attention to every word Alex said that she could not help being flustered. He was extremely funny, making her laugh almost every time he opened his mouth.

His eyes were an open book, they showed how much interest he had in her which made Alex feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. The way his eyes darkened every time he laughed. The way they turned into a light blue when he recounted the story of the accident, it was all so captivating.  And the best thing about him, was that he was the one who had rescued her.

She could not help but be thankful to him. Alex could hardly imagine what Zach had to go through in order to save her and bring her to the hospital. It was extremely kind of him and Alex felt indebted to him. And to think she always thought he was a popular guy who was all about his looks and had no manners. Alex sighed. She really did not know how to judge people.

As she thought about Zach, she also remembered the friend who had introduced Zach to her. Harold, she presumed, his name was. Even though he had been the one to tell her about who saved her during the accident, he seemed extremely uncomfortable throughout the meeting. Choosing not to speak at all but stand at the side and listen, Alex had noticed how he fidgeted nervously as Zach was recounting what had happened after Alex passed out.

Alex tried not to let it bother her. Harold seemed to be hiding something and as he stood in the room and stared at her, it took all of her willpower to not demand him to tell her. He would tell her when he felt the time was right. Unlike the hunch in Alex's stomach, she tried to convince herself that it was just a small matter that she did not really need to be informed about.

Alex groaned the moment she got up. Even though she slept for eight long hours, it felt like mere minutes. However, the ache in her body was ignored the moment she got informed that after a few medical tests, she might be allowed to go home.

Home. Alex could not wait to get back. She just wanted to lock herself into her room and curl up in her beds with her fluffy blankets. She could no longer take the random people, who she hardly knew, coming in to visit her and ask her about her condition. Of course, these people included distant family members ,who were genuinely concerned for her health, and some people from school, who just seemed in pursuit a juicy piece of gossip.

Alex sighed. If only she had never seen Aria and Adrian together a week ago. It would have been some much more better for her. She would have not fought with them, felt embarrassed in the middle of the school corridor or run up to the fourth floor and slip from the ledge.

Suicidal thoughts would have not plagued in her head and she would not have once more been caged in a hospital room. The only good thing that actually came out of all this was meeting Zach.

Alex shook her head. Fantasies about Zach had to wait. Maybe until she got released, which meant that she had to do the medical test.

The door opened and her mother walked in. Alex smiled at her mother from above the book that she was holding in her hands. It had been useless trying to read, her mind was more interested in the dark-blue eyed guy who had plagued her dreams the previous night.