1| Introduction To A Life-Long Friendship

Skylar Wright is 17 years old in her final year of High school At Franklin D Roosevelt . She just keeps to herself , mainly because she's shy and doesn't quite fit in with the other girls. She's an only child that lives with her mom Claudine in Harlem, New York.

They have a very tight bond but she works constantly, leaving her alone most of the time. She does have one person that she considers a friend, actually a best friend,Brandon. they've been friends since 7th grade.

*flashback*
Skylar walked into her 3rd period English class, quickly passing by avoiding any eye contact from anyone.

"You look pretty today." someone called out
Skylar kept her head down and continued to her seat, not sure if it was a genuine compliment or not.

" No she doesn't, she look like a wet monkey!" Bianca yelled out causing the class to erupt in laughter.

Bianca was very popular and quite obnoxious.
Skylar held her head low as the hot tears began to form in her eyes as Bianca kept rambling on-

"I mean look at her, those shoes have got to be
passed down from her mama and that shirt came straight from her brothers closet!"

"I guess everybody don't wanna look like a 2 dolla hoe like you. " someone said

The laughter seized, being replaced with "oohs" from everyone

The next thing Skylar heard was " Whatever, she'll get whats coming to her" hurt and anger laced in Bianca's voice.

The class went back to normal but Skylar couldn't focus on her work. she was anxious and wanted to know what did Bianca mean by "get what she deserves". she hadn't done anything wrong .

The bell had rung and Skylar quickly exited the room, speeding towards her locker to get her books for History class. As she closed her locker, she was surrounded by 4 girls. A furious Bianca as the ringleader.

" So you think you cute now? you think you can take whats mines?" Bianca yelled

"W-what are you talking about?" Skylar asked genuinely confused.

Bianca then shoved Skylar towards the wall, gripping the front of her shirt and the other girls drew near.

"Brandon! He belongs to me, you got that ?!"
"What? I don't want him, I don't even know him! Just get off of me"

Skylar yelled and pushed Bianca in an attempt to be freed from her grip.

All of the girls began to send blows onto Skylar's head, face and stomach causing her to wince in pain and to fall to the ground, curling into a fetal position. They took turns kicking her and laughing.

"Ayy! what th-" A voice yelled

Skylar managed to see thru her tears that 3 of the girls ran away leaving Bianca there alone.

" What are you doing?"

"Bet she's not so cute now!" Bianca spat

The person pushed Bianca causing her to fall to the floor, then kneeled down to help Skylar up.

"Are you ok?"

Skylar just nodded her head and dusted her clothes. Principle Deaux and the 3 girls that just jumped Skylar turned the corner quickly after.

" There they are! They beat up my best friend Mr. Deaux"
One of the girls yelled.

Skylar looked at the girl in disbelief as she heard weeping down below. Principle Deaux came over and kneeled down to help Bianca.

"Young lady, are you ok?"
Principle Deaux asked Bianca

"No! I was just minding my business when, when...."
Bianca stammered

"When what? What happened?"
Principle Deaux urged her to continue

"When that boy told his girlfriend that I was flirting with him and then she just attacked me!"
Bianca yelled hysterically

Skylar and the boy looked at each other with an dumbfounded expression that mirrored one another.

"That's right, and we saw the whole thing!"
another one of the girls co-signed

"You three, escort her to the nurse. You two come with me"
Principle Deaux said firmly

"B-but she's lying. None of that happened..They star-"
Skylar tried to explain

"So I guess they're all lying on you huh? Just save it. You two should be ashamed of yourselves. I'll have you know that bullying will not be tolerated so you and your little friend will have the rest of the day to think about your actions in ISS."
Principle Deaux said in a final tone.

"ISS?'
Skylar repeated lowly

"In school suspension"
the boy answered

"You two are not to leave this room without permission until the bell sounds to go home . I'll send someone up to bring your makeup work for your classes. Now go on."
Principle Deaux instructed then walked away.

Skylar entered the room with the boy right behind her.

There were about 5 or 6 others in the room, doing nothing in particular. One kid had a boom box bobbing his head and rapping along to the music. 2 kids played pencil break while the rest just looked around bored.

Skylar took a seat at the far back on the class, the boy sitting next to her .

There was silence for a moment----

"Um, I'm Brandon"

"Yea, I know."
Skylar responded, avoiding looking at his gaze by fiddling with her fingers.

It fell silent again and Brandon shifted in his seat, facing forward.

"Thank you."
Skylar said lowly

"No problem... Why don't you stand up for yourself? She only bothers you because you let her. I mean, you don't say anything when she says stuff to you. You just take it."
Brandon finished

Skylar just shrugged her shoulders.

Bianca verbally abused Skylar every chance she got. Skylar was afraid to say anything back in fear of causing more problems so she'd just opt out of saying anything at all.

"Well, you gotta start defending yourself or them girls gone use you as a punching bag and you too pretty for all that."
Brandon complimented

A smiled crept on Skylar's face and they had talked for the rest of the day. Brandon had asked if he could walk with her home and she agreed. They had been bestfriends ever since.

Please feel free to vote, voice your thoughts/comments and Share 💕