'First Love'

✨Part 4 of the 'Wings' series✨

⚠️Warning: Strong content⚠️

Once we were motivated, we decided to go to the mall. I found a small artist shoppe which brought me back to middle school. I would always take arts so I could draw. Drawing was my escape from everything. My first love.

The problems I've been through, I drew them. My sketchbook, I take it everywhere. Its always hidden though.

"Hey, can we go in there?" I pointed.

"Of course." He said.

I felt like a lid in a candy store. My stomach was full of butterflies as I gazed upon all of the pencils and paints.

"You draw?" Mikey asked and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Uh-yeah." I said. I dont want to show my drawings. To many memories.

"Will you draw me something?" He asked.

"Uh-yeah, I need to get a book first." I replied.

I walked over to the pencils and got some expensive charcoal. They are so good so I couldn't resist.

"Got you a book." He said.

He was holding a sketch book with black covers. It was about the size of a family sized cereal box.

"Thanks Mikey." I smiled. I went to grab it but he pulled it away.

"No, no, no." He said. "I'll pay for your things."

"Mikey, its okay. I'll get them." I said.

"No. Today, is all about you." He said. He snagged the pencils from me and quickly paid.

We walked around a bit more. I bought Mikey a new pair of shoes that he's been wanting. They were pricey but I didnt mind.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" He repeated while kissing all over my face. I giggled.

"You're welcome jagiya." I said. He smirked when I called him that. "No." I said.

He pouted his lips and grabbed my hand. I intertwined our fingers and swung our arm dramatically.

~~~~~~~~
Mikey was sitting at the other end of the couch, scrolling through twitter. I was testing my new art supplies out. Then, I got the idea of drawing him.

Luckily he sat like that for a long time.

It feels nice to get away in my first love.

Sketching. So beautiful.

I giggled at the thought of all of my old drawings. My escape from all problems. My home away from home.

"What are you laughing at?" Mikey smirked.

"Oh-uh. Nothing." I said.

"How are your pencils?" He asked.

"Good." I said excitedly.

He went back to his position. I was happy about it because I hadn't finished.

~Flashback in time~

I sat in the back of Audrey's funeral. I couldn't bear seeing my baby sister, lifeless, in a casket. I opened my small sketchbook, the size of a normal book. I began to sketch the scene I was witnessing. Crying mother and father. Crying aunts and uncles. Crying brother.

The page was dark of pencil markings. Indented with the force of my pencil. The only escape I have to get away from problems.

Thank you.