Stay With Me

Mikey's POV

I got up and headed towards the door. I put my hand on the door knob but I didnt turn it. I felt guilty that I was leaving, so I instantly went to go sit back down.

"I love you so much, Lynn." I whispered. I wrapped my fingers into hers. They were cold and limp.

"I don't want to lose you..." I said. Then another nurse walked in.

"Oh, sorry." She said quietly, "Am I interrupting?"

"No, not at all." I told her. "Would it be okay if I stayed just a little longer?" I asked.

"Of course." She said softly with a smile. She checked Lynn's monitors and quietly walked out. I looked back at Lynn's pale face. Her lips were purple and her cheeks were sunken. She looked lifeless.

"Lynn, I dont know if you can hear me," I began to cry "but I didnt want to do what you saw. She was drunk and the ride opporator asked me to ride with her." I whispered. " I told him no at first, but when she got on by herself, she wouldn't sit down." My tears were violently streaming down my face.

I got up and and kissed her forehead. " I did it to save her life, and now I've almost took yours."

I pulled the reclining chair over by her but put it back a few minutes later.

"I'm not going to stay Lynn." I whispered to her. "I've already caused enough damage, no matter what I say is going to fix you. I'm sorry." I stood up and walked around her bed.

"M-M-mik.." I heard a raspy voice. My eyes grew wide as I looked up at the door then behind me at Lynn.

"Lynn?" I said.

"I-im sorry." She whispered. She point her finger at the sheets on the side of her bed. I walked over to her and kneeled down beside her.

"Lynn, why are sorry... I'm the one who did this to you." I said.

"No, Mikey I heard what y-you said." She whispered. "I shouldn't have reacted how I d-did."

"Lynn, I almost costed you your life." Tears were welling up and one slid down my cheek. She weakly reached for my cheek and wiped the tear with her thumb.

"So you hear me when I told you-" she cut me off.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I'm sorry Lynn." I told her.

"Dont be, I- I love you too Mikey." My face felt hot and could tell my cheeks were getting red.

"You're cute when you blush Mikey." She giggled. Her small laughs sent shivers down my spine. I wish she knew how she made me feel.

Lynn's POV

He was so cute he blushed. All I want to do is kiss him. I reach my hand out again along with my arm, it just to lift my arm. I put my hand back down and looked over at my arm, it was in a full arm cast. I then looked down at my leg, it was in a cast too.

"Wow, I really am broken now." The words slipped past my lips.

"What?" Mikey asked.

"I didnt mean to say that." I said quietly.

"Lynn, are you not happy?" Mikey asked. He sounded worried for me.

"No, Mikey. I'm not. I mean, i wasnt. But you changed me. I'm not broken when I'm with you." I told him. "I dont need to take my medicine anymore now that I've met you."

I didnt care how much my arms hurt, I sat up and I reached out. I grabbed him by the sides of his face. I pulled him in and I kissed him. I never wanted to stop, but I guess the nurses just come at the best times dont they.

We stopped due to the knock at the door. The nurse walked in and her jaw dropped.

"You're awake!" She said. "We predicted it would be a few weeks!"

Mikey looked at me and smiled.

"Well, I'll leave you two." she said as she quietly closed the door.

"I'm gonna go too." Mikey whispered. "I love you."

"No." I told him. "Stay with me Mikey."

"Are you sure." He asked. I nodded my head and he walked to the chair.

"There's room over here." I told him. He smiled and walked over to me. He got under the blanket and I cuddled into his chest. "I love you." I said as I drifted to sleep.

He lightly laughed and said "I love you too."

A/N thank you so much for 200+ reads. This means thw world to me <3 if you want you can follow my fan page on Instagram local_duffies