Someone New

LISTEN TO THE SONG ABOVE!! ITS NOT KPOP THIS TIME!!

The drinks kicking in and the games started to roll out. Tons of boys and girls from school showing up and my house filled in minutes.

Bodies grinding to the music over the tv speakers. I saw two people in the corner that looked as if things were getting heated between them. I laughed as I realized that we were just dumb, thirsty High School kids. I stumbled over to the drink bowl and scooped the liquid into my cup. An arm leaned up against the counter next to me. My eyes traced the arm up to the eyes to meet a light shade of green. It's was Gage from English.

"You might wanna find your boyfriend." Gage whispered in my ear. I was surprised I could hear him over the music.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a head tilt.

"Well, I think he was doing something you may not approve of." He whispered once more.

"He's probably just being stupid. He's drunk as hell." I said as I walked away. Well.. more like tripped and stumbled.

I made my way up to my bathroom in my room. I needed some Tylenol to take away the headache I was feeling. I threw my head back as I slurped the scoop of water in my hand. I grabbed my red cup and made my way to check the other room across the hall. I didn't want anyone "canoodling" in the extra bed.

I opened the door to see just one black silhouette of a body sprawled across the bed. I stepped inside and closed the door to find my way blindly in pitch black. I flipped on the lamp next to the bed. It was Jake.

"Jake." I whispered as I shook his arm.

"Hmm?" I hummed without opening his eyes.

Then I heard a crash downstairs. My eyes darted to the door as I stood up I turned to Jake and to the door once again as I shot down the steps. It wasn't anything but the front door slamming shut from the wind. The dead bolt lock must be keeping it from shutting.

I unlocked it and closed it again. I turned into the kitchen to see the same couple from the corner. Only this time they were on my counter. My blurred vision seemed to go away as I saw the light hit the girls glasses. A bright glare of gold hit my eyes when I realized it was Jolee.

Jake was upstairs so it couldn't be him I stood and thought about who all came and who the boy could be. Just when I realized I hadn't seen Mikey around in a while, their faces shifted when I got a glimpse of Mikey's eye. My eyes filled with tears as I sat and watched my two best friends betray me. Skye rounded the corner with Tyler and her eyes were on them. They were cheering with the rest of the crowd. But her cheers came to a silence when she must've seen who it was. She scanned the room and her eyes met mine. Everything was in slow motion. I saw her lips say my name but I ran back up the steps to the room Jake was in.

I slammed the door shut which woke Jake from his sleep. He shot up to see me sitting in front of the door with my face in my hands.

"Lynn!" He said as he quickly ran over to me. His hands pulled my face up so he could look at me. He wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I can't Jake. I can't give him anymore chances." I cried.

"Who? What are you taking about?" He asked.

"C'mere." I said as I grabbed his hand and stood up. I opened the door and the music filled the room. I got close to his ear so he could hear me. "Don't let them see you."

His look of confusion made me feel worse about what I was about to show him. We walked down the steps and around the corner. I pointed to the people on the counter... but they were gone. Now we both had the same look on our faces. I turned to Jake and his eyebrows showed that he was so much more confused than I was.