Chapter 50~ Goodbyes

I sit on the bed as Niall tosses clothes into all of his bags. He occasionally walks over to me and kisses me then returns to packing his belongings. We haven’t talked much. The silence proves how much we hate this. It hurts. As each second passes, we get closer to noon, which is when the plane lifts off the ground.

As Niall chucks a pair of shoes into a suitcase he lets out a long sigh. “I hate this.” He groans with his back turned to me.

“Me too,” I barely say.

He rotates on his heels to face me. “I wish you could just come with me.”

“I can’t. At least, not yet.”

“I know. Will you at least wait for me to return? Don’t move on yet.”

“What?” I ask shocked. “You think I’m just going to move on? Why would you even say that? You know how much I love you.”

“I know, it’s just… other girls have found guys while I’m away.”

“I’m not other girls.”

“I know.  You are my girl, and only mine.”

“Plus, what about you?” I ask. “I am more worried about you finding somebody better. You are surrounded by girls all the time.”

“Grace, there is nobody out there that is better for me than you. I only want you. You have to trust me. There will always be rumors flying around. Don’t believe them. Just talk to me about it and I will be honest. Remember that time when there was the rumor of me and Sophie?”

“Yeah,” I nod.

“That was obviously wrong and there will probably be more like that. You just have to believe me and trust that I will never hurt you.”

“Then you have to trust me when I say that I will never want another guy.”

For the first time today his face lights up, but only for a moment before it dims again. “I trust you.”

“And I trust you.”

~~~~~

“Okay, everybody ready?” Liam asks. We are all standing by the side door with suitcases and bags. They all take a quick look around the room before agreeing.

The house is still pretty dirty but they said that a maid comes later and cleans the entire house for the next people to come and rent out the place. I even gathered all of my clothes and supplies from my week stay here in paradise. Once I leave the airport, I will have to return to my boring life at home.

“Alright, let’s go,” Zayn ushers all of us out of the door. He’s probably excited because he gets to see Perrie soon. I hope to meet her someday, she sounds lovely!

~~~~~

Niall’s arm is wrapped around my back as we walk through the airport surrounded by guards. I was right when I said it would be packed. There are rows upon rows of screaming girls, some from cities away. A few of them have called me some unnecessary names. Niall always glares at those girls, but it doesn’t do anything anyway, they just continue to bash me.

We reach the security check and we all have to go through the ritual. Usually they don’t allow us passed this part if we aren’t taking a flight, but since there are so many screaming girls they have made an exception.

As we walk closer to the terminal a girl with her back to us turns around and looks our way. I’m shocked when I notice that it’s Emma.

“Emma? What are you doing here?” I ask confused.