Chapter 47~ Fate

After ordering eleven meals at the nearest Italian restaurant, we are all just sitting around reminiscing. Everyone is kind of having their own conversations. Niall has his hand on my thigh under the table and his other hand around his water glass.

“So how are Denise and Theo doing?” Niall looks towards Greg for the explanation.

Greg’s face lights up at the mention of his small family. “They are doing wonderful. Denise says she wishes she could have come but she didn’t want to drag the baby along. Theo is getting so big! He even recognizes you when he sees pictures. He’ll wave his arms and chant ‘Uncle Ni Ni.’ It’s quite adorable. Having him has made softened me up.”  Niall chuckles at his brother’s confession.

“Uncle Ni Ni?” I smile up at Niall and he turns with a grin on his face.

“Yeah! He can’t quite say it all yet, so he just says the first syllable… Twice…” he snickers.

“That’s cute!” Just imagining Niall around children makes me giddy. He is so sweet and caring towards everybody. I suspect that he is the perfect uncle when he is home. He probably tries to make up for all the time that he is away.

“Grace,” Bobby says. I turn my head and give him my full attention.

“Hmm?”

“How long have you and Niall been dating?” That was sort of an unexpected question. I guess they don’t really know much about me so I can’t complain.

“Almost five months.”

“How did you meet him?”

“School.” I giggle slightly, remembering the first day I saw him and almost freaked. “He was in a few of my classes and our group of friends was the same.”

“Did you know about him before he came here?”

“Yeah, I actually had a major crush on him.” I look his way to see if he is paying attention but he is talking to Harry.

“Really? So you are a fan of the band?” His eyebrows rise.

“Yeah I am.” I’m kind of confused at where this conversation is going.

“I didn’t think any fan could actually be calm enough to have a normal conversation with him,” he chuckles and takes a bite of his food.

They probably are not used to seeing Niall actually date any of their followers. It must be hard to know if it will work and be a normal relationship. These types of conditions require the boys to be extremely cautious when meeting girls, or anyone for that matter.

“That’s actually a really good point, Bobby,” Maura says from the side. She and Chris are both looking my way for answers. “How did you stay calm? Most girls freak out, pass out, or are kicked out.” She chuckles, lightening the intensity of the question.

I look back at Niall and see that he is intently listening to our conversation now.

“Yeah Niall, how was I so calm?” I honestly don’t know myself. “As soon as he looked into my eyes I kind of forgot he was famous. My cheeks would blush and I couldn’t keep eye contact for long. To me, he was a normal guy that I found extremely perfect.”

“Fate,” he answers looking in my eyes.

“What?” I scoff. How could that be fate?

“I honestly believe that we were meant to find each other. I think that once we finally met, all the celebrity stuff went out the window and we just acted like a normal couple. At least, as much as we could. I just knew that you were different from most girls.” He shrugs his shoulders as if it’s obvious. “Fate,” he repeats.