Chapter 20~ Remember Me

It's Wednesday and I have been preparing for the dinner ever since I arrived home from school today. I baked chocolate chip cookies and made pumpkin bars. The bars have a smooth cream cheese frosting smothered on the top and they taste phenomenal. I should be the next Martha Stewart, but I like just being Grace.

"Niall will be here soon, is everybody dressed and prepared?" I yell throughout the house. I hear a few random voices reply from different rooms saying that they are.

I've been pestering them all day to be on their best behavior. I want Niall to feel welcome and like he can relax here. I know he has a busy schedule and I want this to feel like home for him. I know it's not his home, but he is so far from his that he needs somewhere to feel comfortable.

I check my phone and see that there is still fifteen minutes until he is supposed to arrive. I run up the stairs to fix up my hair and makeup a little more. I am already dressed and my hair is curled. I just do some touchups mostly and straighten out my dress.

I picked out a light pink colored outfit. It's modest yet it looks stunning. My dress is an appropriate length for a family dinner and I added heart studded earrings and a matching necklace to give it the elegant effect I was hoping for.

My nails were dry from when I painted them earlier. They are white with silver sparkles in specific spots. They match my heels and pull the entire outfit together. I'm glad that I at least look decent.

I don't know why I am so nervous. It's not like I'm meeting his family. I know my family will love him. It is impossible to not love him. He is flawless. I wonder how he is feeling right now. I haven't heard from hi since about an hour ago to confirm that he was going to be here on time.

He is supposed to arrive at six and dinner should be prepared half past six. My mom wanted to give me time to introduce him to everybody and for us all to get to know him. It is currently 5:56 and I can feel the nerves finding their way through my body.

My phone vibrates in my hand and I quickly unlock it and scan my eyes over the screen.

FROM: Niall :)

I'm almost there, will you meet me outside?

That's strange.

TO: Niall :)

Yeah sure :) xxx

I walk down the stairs and out the front door silently so my family doesn't question my actions because I wouldn't even know what to tell them. Niall hasn't arrived yet so I just sit on the steps and look up and the sky. The sunset is gorgeous. I pull out my phone and snap a photo just as the Range Rover rolls into my driveway.

I stand up and walk towards the driver's side. Niall is watching me walk around the car and once I reach his door he opens it and slides out. He looks handsome. He is wearing a dress shirt with slacks and his hair of course is up in its usual style. He eyes my outfit and starts smirking at me.

He shuts his door and leans against it, pulling me by my hands to face him. I stop gawking over his appearance to look him in the eyes.

"You look breath taking!" Niall compliments me. I blush and look down at the ground. He knows how to catch me off guard.

My eyes find their way back up to his face. "You look perfect. Are you ready to go inside?"

"No not yet. I have something for you." He says reaching to his pocket and pulling out a small box. It's obviously jewelry because it says 'Morgan Jewelers' on it.

I gasp before saying anything. "Niall... I... You didn't have to."

"Calm down, it's just a small treat that will remind you of me for when I am not around you. I want you to remember me. " He says placing the small package in my hands. "I just wanted to give it to you out here so your family doesn't think I am just trying to impress them or anything."